PDA

View Full Version : Help----no Start

90Birdy
01-22-2003, 10:46 PM
I HAVE A 90 SUPERCOUPE THAT WONT START. IT WILL CRANK AND CRANK BUT WONT START. I KEEP GETTING FUEL IN THE OIL, AND THE PLUGS KEEP FOULING OUT ANY HELP WOULD BE A BLESSING.:p

Mike8675309
01-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Is it an automatic?

Does the Up Shift Light turn on when it's cranking?

If so it is likely a failed Crank Position Sensor causing you trouble. But it also could be that the Harmonic Balancer failed damaging the Crank Position Sensor. You'll need to check both.

If it's a 5 speed, I would still visually inspect the crank sensor.

Do you think the fuel in the oil is from you cranking it so much, or was that a problem before it wouldn't start?

If so, that is a classic case of a failed fuel pressure regulator. You can remove the vacume line off the regulator and inspect it for fuel. There should be no fuel in the vacume line. If it's there, it means the diaphram has ruptured in the regulator letting fuel enter the intake via the vacume system.

Charkly
01-26-2003, 10:17 PM
My car has the same problem-and if it does start, it fouls the plugs within a few seconds, worse if its cold. every sensor in its new-maf, iat, coolant, etc-help me too-oh-and the iat had fuel on it when i pulled it-intake air temp.

Mike8675309
01-26-2003, 10:34 PM
Fuel Pressure Regulator!!!

Pull the vacume line off it and look for fuel. If there is fuel there, it has failed and should be replaced.

cudaz101
01-27-2003, 10:12 AM
What Mike Said....

HANKSTERS 35TH
01-31-2003, 11:36 PM
When I bought my SC, I found the same symptoms--I changed the cam sensor, and the crank sensor (carefully adjusted), sucked out all the fuel and changed the filter. After adding fuel, the car started and seems to run fine---let me know what you are doing and if it worked. good luck.

90Birdy
02-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Well its getting fuel and spark, but the injectors aren't pulsing.ANY SUGGESTIONS, CAM SENSOR?