Rebuild kit?

SC Stu

Does anyone know where I can find an engine rebuild kit, other than the local shop? Any online stores that sell rebuild kits? I've got a 200,000 mi. engine on my hands, but can't afford to have a shop rebuild it. Can anybody help me out?

I believe TRW (Federal Mogul) has a master engine rebuild kit still available. With pistons and everything else I think it was in the $800 range. That may sound high, but it's not too bad of a deal. Do you think you need a rebuild based on mileage alone or are there other factors influencing your decision?

I've see lots of guys take on the job of rebuilding their engine and never finish b/c of a host of reasons so why don't you consider installing a complete running engine? I've see them and know that they can be gotten for around that price. good luck

Is there something in particular that indicates you need to rebuild (other than high miles)? There may be some intermediate steps you can take, like replacing seals, gaskets, etc. that will provide the benefits you are looking for without the expense of a replacement. If you are looking for performance enhancement, I would suggest talking with some of the SC guru's.

Is there a Doctor in the house????? See if you can hook up with Dr. Fred Holzhauer

Back