Morano vs. Coy Miller

1BADSC

I am getting ready to dump the cash for every bolt on engine upgrade, and I am going to yank the motor and have it built. My question is, who's heads are better, does anyone have any comments about the Morano or coymiller. It will be built to Stage II specs I am looking to only have this thing apart once and I want to put the best stuff in the first time around. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Brandon Meyer

Brandon,

Personally, I've not seen or touched a SC motor built by Coy Miller. I've heard many good things about the work that comes out of Coy's shop. I've also heard of many people who purchased Coy Miller engines and experienced problems with blown head gaskets afterwards. These incidents may have absolutely nothing to do with how the engine was built or who did the work. I've also heard that unless you're a big roller, and price is no object, Coy isn't all that interested in your business, but again, that is second hand, so take it for what it's worth.

Tom Morana has been building Ford V6's for many years now. He's done extensive work on the 'Stang version, and the SC version. He's also done impressive things with the newer modular V6's, like the Duratec 2.5L and 3.0L engines. Most importantly, Tom is willing to work with you to get your business. You will have the added bonus of bringing your US money up to Canada, and the exchange rate will benefit you. I know Tom stands behind his work, and have learned of cases where Tom fixes or replaces engines he's built, even when the failure was clearly not the result of anything he did or didn't do.

In all fairness to both of these engine builders, I suggest you pick up the phone and call them. Tell them what you want to do, and what your budget is like. See what they have to say. I'm not sure of Coy's contact info., but Tom can be contacted through the information he gives out on his website. Here's the link:

http://www.moranav6racing.com/

Please tell Tom that I said "hello"!

Best regards,

Sean

bring it down to ST. Louis, have chris wise build you a 4.1L bottom end with his cam, Stiegemeier build you some heads, and I can order you every Magnum Powers part available. I could tune the car before it leaves, and you should be in the top 3 on the HP list at this club :)

Brian

Engine

could both of you please give your e-mail address so that I can get in contact with you.

Thank you

Morana vs. Coy Miller

Tom Morana is the MAN and he is working on v6 stuff all the time, Tell Tom I said hello too. Tim

Chris Wise built my engine and the heads are very similar to Stegimeier's. In fact Bob Stegimeier did the exhaust port welding and supplied the valve springs and retainers I'm using now.

I've got everything Brian mentioned except the stroked bottom end. Between Brian, Chris, Bob and the MP goodies, anyone can make enough power for a low 12 or high 11 second SC.

David

This other Wise has a shop? Website? Email? I live near StLouis but I never delt with either Wise, used to deal with Kirn but that was all V-8 stuff............Im rather new to the 6 shooters

93 Mark VIII said:
bring it down to ST. Louis, have chris wise build you a 4.1L bottom end with his cam, Stiegemeier build you some heads, and I can order you every Magnum Powers part available. I could tune the car before it leaves, and you should be in the top 3 on the HP list at this club :)

Brian

That's assuming I don't get all the bugs worked out of my motor before I blow it up again or it wears out. :p

Although, I think I'm 4 or 5 head pulls short of matching Dave and Chris. :) Hey Dave, has Chris designed quick connects or a zip tie setup for these things yet? ;) Just poking the Pirana :D

See ya,
Steve

Back