Wont Start?

Sccoupe

I wrecked my 94 SC and both the air bags deployed and it was still cranked after I was hit. I cut it off then after the police told me I could move it I cranked it up and moved it to the side of the road, and then got it towed to my house. Now the car will not crank. It is getting fuel and its got a good battery in it. I've tryed tapping the starter and that did not work. Anyone know whats wrong?

Everything is getting power, but when I turn the key to start the car nothing happens. I suppose that it could be a dead starter. But I dont think it is the starter.

You need to borrow a voltmeter and check the voltage at the starter relay. Have someone try to start the car while you measure the DC volts at both of the terminals. The starter relay is the black plastic thing on the fender wall just behind the power distribution box under the hood.

If you have ensured that the starter is getting power, and that the relay just behind the battery is working, then it should be the starter. FYI, the large post on the starter should be hot all the time, if you don't already know that.

Also my local NAPA can test the starter, usually for free, if you bring it to them.

I think it might be the relay because I was hit on the driver side finder I will check it Thanks for the help. Also are the 94-95 SC and the 89-93 SC lower intercooler tube the same?

Back