Cobra R hood opinions

Dale Puumala

I'm looking for some feedback from those of you with the different manufacturers of Cobra R hoods. I'm getting one, and am trying to decide which one to get. How was the fit from the factory? How much work needed to make it work? And what kind of work? What's the under side of the hood like? Finishable?

-Legendary - I've heard good and bad things about them

-Motion Performance - (It says cowl, not Cobra) But I think I recall hearing bad things about theirs

-Age Classic - I haven't heard anything good or bad about them

-American Sports Car - Same, I haven't heard anything good or bad

Thanks for the feedback.

Dale

Dale,

I believe Motion Performance and Legendary are one of the same. Legendary makes the hoods for Motion Peformance.

You already know what Tony has and I believe his hood is less than a year old so that should give you a good indication of the quality.

Good luck.

Yeah, I do know Tony's is Legendary and he had good luck with it. I have heard of others having problems with Legendary, though. *shrug*

I'm hoping to get some feedback on all of them.

Dale

P.S. I found out yesterday they're not totalling my car, so that means I can't buy yours. :D

I like this one :)

Duane2.jpg

Thomas

Yes, it's true Motion gets the hood's from Legendary. I ordered the Cowl hood from Motion and they sent me a Cobra R. I'm not complaining on that. It looks better then the basic Cowl.
Bad thing's about the hood was it didn't fit right. The rear had to be shaved half an inch so it would sit right. Then the body shop found an air pocket, so they had to fill it. The hood latch had to be customized, and now just about a year and a half of use I noticed spider cracks on the front. But what can I say it's fiberglass.
Good thing is it looks AWESOME!!! Everyone has to take a double look at the car. It is very light weight and the underside had a nice finish. Hope this helps if you need more information you may contact me. Jerome

Boy does that car with the cowl hood need to be lowered or what;)

Dale...I think unless you order a hood from Cervini you are going to have to deal with patchy quality.
In my Mustang days there were also many different choices for fiberglass parts and anyone other than Cervini was dicey at best.
Too bad they dont make any hoods for the newer style hoods.

Tony,

Tell me about it.

Dale,

Here's some pictures of a Legendary hood. These pictures come from someone named Gagfish. Just something to think about.

hood.jpg

hood2.jpg

I wish I could afford that hood. That one is like $799 before shipping.

He also has the same white Cobra R wheels that I want on my car!

Dale

Back