how's this sound for a setup

moore89

i may be aquiring an 89 supercoupe 5-spd soon and i know some people who have modded ones so i am trying to figure out a setup for power but without blowing head gaskets. here's what i am thinking so far

scp/kooks headers (ceramic coated), scp down tubes(catless), dual 2.5" exhaust to a 3" single pipe to a 80 series crossflow flowmaster out to two dumped 2.5"pipes, port and polish heads, new fel-pro gaskets, a rebuild of some kind(any options), 94-95 blower with 10% o/d pully, double intercooler setup, 3.55 or 3.73 rear gears, B&M ripper shifter.

any opponions or comments are welcome and greatly appreciated.
Josh

if your going to get kooks header..Get them bare and send them to Swain tech and have trhem coated..They do REAL heat barrier coatings

The gears you're talking are probably to steep for anything besides strict drag racing. If you're looking for a streetable setup, you're better off with 3.27s. The 5-spd trans in these car (M5R2) has a very low first compared to most other 5-spd transmissions (3.75:1 on 89-93's and 3.42:1 on 94-95's compared to say a 79-93 mustang with a T-5 which has either a 3.35 or a 2.95 First). On the blower, you may want to check out magnum powers (try www.supercoupeperformance.com they have all the MP goodies) a MagnaPort II with a rebuild would run around 800$ and flow as well as a 94-95. With either of these setups you'll need a different inlet plenum, either a 94-95 stock one or the MP one. You may also want to check out ESM for blower options. They have a lot of good packages, plus billet overdrive pullies and a 10% pulley for the jackshaft (10% jack and 10% sc is something like 18%). Their kits include a rebuild and they offer heavy duty bearings, case strengthening plates, and a heavy duty driveshaft. The only thing there is that they sell ported blower/inlet sets, so you will probably spend a little more. Check out www.bluetoungemotorsports.com or www.embreemachine.com for there stuff.

Back