KennyBrown 3.8 Special

nightcoupe

I saw the Kenny Brown Mustangs on the Speed Channel and they showed his new 3.8L Special. A hipo Mustang designed to avoid high insurance. Anyway, his website, www.kennybrown.com is vague on what they did to the engine, if anything internally. They are also vague on the exhaust specs. The car sounded good and was wondering if anyone here knew what kind of exhaust they are running. Also wondering if they modify the heads.

I saw that last night too on the Speed Channel. I sure as hell hope the 1/4 mile time they posted was the stock time. Otherwise $5400 on top of the price of a Mustang for 16.6 second timeslips ain't too impressive to me.

I bet the engine is mostly stock. I would still like to know what mufflers they have. I might call them Monday.

I watched it too. Man I thought it was a lame rip off.

Still I talked to a friend today who has a 91 GT Mustang. He spent 8 grand on it a while back at a local custom shop to do cobra intake, custom heads, headers and new exhaust. it gave him another 85 horse at the rear wheels.

Makes me think the supercoupe is a performance bargain.

At least when I get it back on the road it will be.

I bet the engine is mostly stock. I would still like to know what mufflers they have. I might call them Monday.

So what the hell are they doing for $5400? Putting a cat back exhaust, bigger wheels and tires, and changing the shocks, springs, and sway bars? Doesn't seem like much of a bargain to me.

engine build-up

If i am not wrong i believe that Tom Morana built a motor for Kenny Brown.You could contact Tom and ask him for yourself what he did to this motor. Affordable Performance416-412-2815

I'm sure nobody here is interested in buying one of these cars, including me. I was just wondering what parts old Kenny Brown might be using.

Tazer999.

I would not say he is a moron and I may not have the full story on what was done. Still was a heck of a lot of money for 100 horsepower. Labor is expensive around here.

If i am not wrong i believe that Tom Morana built a motor for Kenny Brown.You could contact Tom and ask him for yourself what he did to this motor. Affordable Performance416-412-2815

Well from the numbers they flashed up on the screen (205hp 233ft.lb torque) I wasn't all that impressed. The latest 3.8 with the split ports puts out at least 190hp and my damn base '92 T-bird 3.8 puts out 215ft.lb. of torque. I just couldn't see where all the money was to justify the additional $5400 over base price to buy one of these things.

Back