Interest in custom headers------>

MotorCityMike

Seeing as how this is my first post, please allow me to intoduce myself.

I am Mike Lasiuta and I represent a company located in Chesterfield, MI by the name of PF&E. We are currently expanding our facilities to produce headers for your cars of interest, the T-Bird SC as well as many others.

We currently have a pre-production prototype set of header made from mild steel and coated with high-temperature ceramic coating.

I will attach a few pics for you. Sorry about the photo quality, they were taken with no flash under flourescent lighting, which didn't really turn out too well. I will get better pics for you and post them ASAP.

The price for these headers is $379 uncoated, or $479 coated. We can also make custom Y-pipes and cat-back exhaust systems if you're local. We use only the best quality materials and every header is TIG welded for strenght.

I didn't know where else to post this so I hope its in the right place.. :confused:

If I can answer any questions for you, please feel free to email me.

Attachments

• img_0013.jpg
    img_0013.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,458
Last edited:
Mike,
That looks like a nice product, finally a direct fit shorty for our car.

Can I make a suggestion? LONG TUBES, LONG TUBES, LONG TUBES! Right now the only other headers for the SC are made by Kooks Custom Headers in NY, and these are only 28" long (more like a mid length), and they have a very short collector taper.

If you were to make a true long-tube header with a good design, I bet you could sell a lot of those. Especially if the price was comparable or less than the $620 that you'd pay for coated Kooks headers.

How long is a long tube header? from what point to what point? also how long would one want the collectors to be?? Thanks Nick

Yea, and Long Tubes for the 89-93 TBrids with 5.0 in them.
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee. :)

There are only shorties with 1 1/2 primaries for them. We need some LTs with 1 5/8 and 1 3/4 primaries.

Sexy,sexy,sexy mmmmmm

Would love to see some long tubes as well...

At least there are other companies trying to make parts for our cars. Looks like a very comparable product at about 120$ cheaper than the kooks headers. Now if I can find 500$..... Well that's something else.

I hate to be the only stick in the mud, but why do you guys think long tube headers are necessary ?

I was one of the suckers who bought into all the hype Bill Hull was spreading several years back about the big power gains from adding headers and a free flowing exhaust. Before doing anything else to the car I had the Kooks medium length headers and exhaust installed. I think it gained 10-15 HP, not the 60 that advertised.

I think just porting the exhaust manifolds (mainly the collectors) and installing the free flowing exhaust would be plenty to run high to mid 13s. If the kooks medium length headers are good enough to support 500 HP (Chris Wise), then why bother with long tubes ? I do agree they look killer, but don't think they are necessary to make big power.

David

I CAN tell you that long tubes make exhaust work a PITA, since nothing you buy for the rest of the exhaust will fit. :)

Dave brings up another interesting point. At what point are headers really neccasary? What kinda RWHP numbers do you need to be putting down to benifit from the added flow of headers over stock exhaust manifolds?

Thomas

Long tubes...EVen if not equal lenght..Tuned exhaust..Now on an almost 400 RWHP motor..The difference between manifolds, Kooks headers, and real long tubes would be substantial. My Sc Dyno experience is Nill...But I've been building and racing SBF for years..Had everything from Nitrous,roots blowers, cetrifigal blowers, screw type blowes, as well as turboes. One thing I can tell you. On a stock motor your gain switching from manifolds to headers will be minimal...As will an exhaust in general. Depending on just how restrictive that exhaust may be. In the case of a stock SC we arnt dealing with much power. Someone should do a before and after comparison on a stock SC after exhaust has been added..See what the Dyno tells....Me..I have kooks and would love a set of real full lenghts..I know I'm going to get power from teh swap:O)

Originally posted by MotorCityMike
Seeing as how this is my first post, please allow me to intoduce myself.

I am Mike Lasiuta and I represent a company located in Chesterfield, MI by the name of PF&E. We are currently expanding our facilities to produce headers for your cars of interest, the T-Bird SC as well as many others.

We currently have a pre-production prototype set of header made from mild steel and coated with high-temperature ceramic coating.

I will attach a few pics for you. Sorry about the photo quality, they were taken with no flash under flourescent lighting, which didn't really turn out too well. I will get better pics for you and post them ASAP.

The price for these headers is $379 uncoated, or $479 coated. We can also make custom Y-pipes and cat-back exhaust systems if you're local. We use only the best quality materials and every header is TIG welded for strenght.

I didn't know where else to post this so I hope its in the right place.. :confused:

If I can answer any questions for you, please feel free to email me.

MotorCityMike...Glad you stopped by to visit and thank you for your interest in offering help on the header situation. Myself, like others, I would love to have a well-built shorty header and for it to be reasonably priced also. You score high on both counts in my book.
I assume you work with Gary, can you guys handle the production? I ask because I can fully understand gettin' swamped with orders, happens to me all the time.

'bird

the short story (pun intended)

Who among us needs long-tubes? For street use, I really doubt anybody needs 'em except for the N/A guys.
It's not like we are that short on low-end torque, one of the main benefit of longtubes, now is it? We don't really need to extend our powerband to higher rpms either...or do we?

'bird

Are these direct bolt on replacement of the manifolds? Will they bolt in place without modifying the exhaust pipes?

Thanks
Jake

OK Mike, so how about an e-mail address or phone number to contact your shop ????

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back