New owner 5spd 95 Exhaust for dummies?!

dirtybird95

Ok, i've always loved the SC. I'm not great with cars just yet, this is my first real baby to take interest in. I'm saving money during the winter to really open her up in the spring! I understand that exhaust is the big deal. I don't understand where to go (Franchise, Midas?) to get it done and what to ask for. I have no idea how to do it myself and no tools either.
So far i've added the Tornado Fuel Saver (i think i got wripped!) and taken out the air silencer. I don't really know what other cheap things i can do before i tackle the exhaust.
Also with the exhaust. Would i save money to order the exhaust and have someplace install it? I don't know!

But, i have read thru a lot of these forums and you guys blow my mind with how much you know about these cars! It's really gotten me to take interest in it at least as a devoted hobby. I also think i have a pretty rare breed. (95 5-spd).

Anyways, if anyone can let a car dummie in on some tips, i'de be very greatful.

Thanks a lot!

Welcome!

Don't want you to feel ignored. The best thing to do is to click on the "search" button at the top right of the screen. By user cp, register etc. Enter "exhaust" and search both tech & non-tech. You'll find more info than anyone can put in a single reply here. You'll also find that there are a lot of opinions on what to do out there. Just read up and I think you'll find what you want to do. Then, tomorrow when you see another new guy posting "the exhaust" question, maybe you can help them find it like this too? Stick around, this is a great place. There's a lot of good info accumulating now, I think the site switched over a few months ago and had to rebuild. If you find a good thread, but just misses what you need, post in that thread and it'll bring it to the top for further discussion.

Enjoy!

*BTW, that is a rare car, good find!

I went with true duals on my SC 2 1/4 with an X pipe I have no cats or res. sound kinda ricey <--- is that even a word?:confused: but pretty free flowing and yeah I think you should just take that Tornado crap off dude, is probably more of a restriction than anything else. I have a lot of local shopped in my area so you should just look around see what they can do for you. Good luck;)

I'm looking at 2.5 trueduals similar to what curse described. Probably Flowmaster 50 series (3 chamber). What kind of mufflers curse? Look around for local muffler shops (most big chains either can't or won't do custom setups).

i use to run the flowmasters 40s but didn't like how it sounded. I sold then leaving me without mufflers, so I just bought some mufflers from Pep Boys which are flowtech afterburners. My dad needed new mufflers too for this 93 v6 n/a so he bought a cheaper flowtech muffler called Raptor, which sound really good on his car. Thats what I should have gotten

Back