Need some Battery help....

Deep6

Recently with the rash of sub-zero temps, my original Motorcraft battery in 95' is giving up the ghost. I've had to get it jumped once and push started another.

I was hoping to get through another winter, but that doesn't look like a reality right now. I was hoping to get my hands on a lightweight racing battery and shag weight at the same time. I've looked around but can't find much and I don't have much time to search. Can someone here point me in the right direction?

I remember once a few years back seeing a MM+FF mag or something like that there were these Optima batteries weighing like 9lbs or something like that.

I would really appreciate a few suggestions. Thanks all.

I highly reccomend the Optima. They last a very long time. I don't know how they compare in weight compared to a regular battery.

Bob

Optima batteries are good i agree with that. But i wouldn't recomend to put one on. The good thing about Optima batteries is that they are dry cell, which means that you could tilt them and they wouldn't leak.. The thing is that these batteries were designed to be aux. batteries for high power audio systems.. and i believe they weigh just as much as a any other battery from a auto parts store.. I wouldln't know of a light weight performance battery, but i would not recommend to go with the optima battery.. just my 2 cents..

Back