Major Problems!

xracer9x

I have been working on my SC every weekend, i just replaced my alternator, replaceed head gaskets, replaced upper and lower copntrol arms, spindles, and axles in the rear, and now when im driving, every time it shifts into 3rd gear, or if i hit the gas, even remotely hard, i get a grinding sound from my drive shaft, i have no clue what this could be, does any one have any ideas for me, becasue i am about to give up on these fords, i put over 4 grand in 7 months, and still constant problems. Please give me and ideas if you have any.

Thanks
Mike

I would check the u-joints. If they are good then I would check the tranny mount. It could be broke and the drive shaft could be rubbing on the driveshaft loop or the gas tank.

Good luck, Biggin'

Did you use new nuts for the axles? What torque? They are 2 piece and can only be torqued once, even though they look good, throw them out and get new ones. Check your wheel bearings.
Good luck

Cold weather?

Today i got in my car after looking underneath it and not seeing any major problems, it does not continue that problem. ?. Could the cold weather have cause some sort of rubbing or noise?

Thanks for all the ideas

Mike

If its a wheel bearing, you have to get the wheels off the ground and see if you have any in & out motion when you push/pull from side to side and top to bottom. The noise may only appear once you've been driving for a while and everything gets warm. good luck

Back