Tail light woes...

Mitch90BlackSC

Hey Guys:
My center tail lights recently went out, i.e. they don't work. The outside tail lights are ok. I checked the fuses for the tail lights, but they are ok. Any ideas?

Hi, Mitch.

Love to help but is this on a 90? What center taillights or did you change to the led trunk lid like I did?

Ummm... If its the lights on the inner part of the trunk lid, there aren't any.. They are just reflectors. Ony the corners are operational. Some owners have installed their own lights to work around this short coming. Don't know why Ford did it this way, looks kinda half-baked if you ask me.
If its the lights in the rear window, then pull the cover forward, take the retaining screw out and check the bulbs.

Hi, TbirdSCFan.

Kevin's right, I swapped the trunk lid with one from a black LX in a salvage yard that was completely intact. I also swapped the taillight corner lenses with the newer ones. The wiring for this particular swap was a bit tedious because the two connector ends didn't mate up. I used short wiring jumpers to connect the proper leads to each other and then wrapped them with tape. It isn't my usual style but I was in a bit of a hurry at the time. Do you need the wiring color codes I mated up? Be happy to supply you with them. I like the looks of it even though now my "stock" 35th is modified and with the aluminum wheels. Just let me know, guys.

Have a great weekend.

Hey Guys, thanks for the replies. Hey Rick, long time no see. Did you ever get those parts?
From left to right, you have 4 lenses. L outside; L inside; R Ins; and R Out. I could have sworn that all 4 of mine used to light up- all the way across. But if you guys say only the outsides, then I guess I was seeing things.
Thanks!:)

Back