Anyone removed the Tbird from the front of your hood? ('89-93)

JAFO

I'm curious as to what that would look like. Lightly toying with the idea if I do get around to repainting the hood and front bumper to get rid of those bugs. Could keep it, trim the posts and attach it with magnets, if I were to ever be in a show and wanted a stock look. Seems like it might look pretty clean up there like that. I'd really like to see some pictures, if anyone has them. Particularly a red SC.

Don't think we're talking about the same thing. This is what I'm talking about removing:

Attachments

• jan 2003 002_5.5_bird.jpg
    jan 2003 002_5.5_bird.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 176
JAFO!

Don't do it dude! I compared my hood without he bird when I had my Cervini hood installed and it looked "cheap" and "fake". Believe me the bird looks better even if you go with an aftermarket hood! Just my one penny!;)
dirtybird91
oops! JAFO91:D

Got to thinking that if I can put a circle in there I might as well just take it out myself. You don't think it cleans up the front a little? The car is so smooth, but the bird on the front seem to jump out and ruin it up there. Doesn't quite fit with all red & black. I don't know if I have the heart to make a change like that though.
You don't think this gives it a cleaner appearance?

Attachments

• jan 2003 002_5.5_no bird.jpg
    jan 2003 002_5.5_no bird.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 162
***Enlightenment***

Now I see what Assclown was talking about. Yeah, an awful lot of Crown Vic in that look. Can't deal with that. I'll have to table this one for a while.:rolleyes:

paint it!!!!!!!!!

Hey, i didn't like the bird there either so i just painted it to match the rest of the car, looks really good to. I have a black SC and I painted it black to match, this way it doesn't "jump" out at you like it does with the silver finish but doesn't look strange like it does without the emblem. the only problem is the paint chips after a while so I have to keep taking it off and recoating it on occasion....

JAFO said:
***Enlightenment***

Now I see what Assclown was talking about. Yeah, an awful lot of Crown Vic in that look. Can't deal with that. I'll have to table this one for a while.:rolleyes:

it is cool in a way though, I have the same colour car(as the pic above), I just gas it at peoples bumpers sometimes and wonder why they pull over:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back