Topside coolant leak

BlackSC

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the source of a new coolant leak. My 93 SC (70k) is losing probably a half a gallon of coolant or more every time I run it. It only leaks while driving (there's not a puddle under the car after it's parked). Coolant is sprayed all over the passenger side of the top of the engine, more toward the windshield. The hood liner has a dark spot where the coolant has hit it that spreads from over the supercharger top to the passenger side of the engine bay. The coolant kinda puddles up all over, like on the DIS.

All of the front hoses were just changed - could this be one of the hoses leading back to the heater core? BTW I don't seem to be losing power or experiencing smoke like I'd expect from a blown HG...thanks in advance.

sorry I didn't read carfully. Thats prob not your problum, at quick glance I misread the post. <p>I had coolant spray in a small stream onto the same area, from my radiator.

Take it to a rad shop and have them pressure test the cooling system. Its more than likely a hose thats gone bad. Coolant is toxic to all animals so deal with it asap. good luck

Back