finally got to fixing the sc

BlownSuperBird

Well I finally got around to fixing my SC and its worse than i thought.....What heppened was I broke my harmonic balancer.

What I got was MUCH worse....I broke the balancer at the sleve on the inside of the balancer. The sleve is still on the crank while the balancer and pulleys are off....

So far this is what ive done, I welded (VERY carefully) a piece of new scrap exhaust pipe on it and made a puller of sorts with a lumina shock nut, a washer and a nut that i welded together, tomorrow I plan on welding that to the pipe and putting a bolt through it to work as a puller and pull the remaining part of the balancer off the crank. Hopefully it works and I dont have to pull the front cover off or have to replace the crank.

WISH ME LUCK!!!
LOL

Oh yeah, if anyone has another idea let me know please

umm all I do is remove the front crank seal and shove a screw-driver in there and pry, takes 30 seconds. Then center punch the crank bolt and drill with progressively larger bits until about 1/4", then hammer in an EZ-Out and you're done. The hardest part is centering the drill bits, and buy new ones if you have to, that bolt material is damn hard. The whole thing took 20 minutes to swap the first time, but expect maybe a few hours on the ground with a creeper.

Remember if you mess up the crank threads you mess the crank:D

Back