Iac Gasket ?

blksc

Hi yal, wanted to know if i unbolt the iac valve can i reuse the gasket ? I ask because i've started having radom cases where when i start the car, it idles real rough almost like its missing, but once i put it in drive its go away or doesnt do it as much... any ideas ?

ps.. I replaced the iac not too long ago. and i got no computer codes.

Yea you can reuse it....

Use your best judgment though...I know I finally had to replace my...I made one out of MrGasket Header gasket material...I think this is a liftime replacment...LOL...Prolly overkill but it is thick and durable...No leaks...

Far as your idle..No Codes??? New IAC...

Well the fact that when you put your car in gear and it idles is a good sign that your IAC is fine...

Are you having performance problems?? Problems with your Cruis control?? Anything like that??

You may wanna take a look at your IC tubes for leaks...

Check you MAF for residue accumulated to the wires...Give this a bath with some carb cleaner or something equal to....

Just a few ideas...

Hey, i was thinking maf, but its so off and on again. But i'll start with the simple solution of cleaning maf wires. i think ic tubes are okay, no performance issues, she's running like a spring kitten

sounds like you are having the same problem i had a while ago. i fixed the problem by tightening the collar nut on the IC tube at the blower.

wayne...

really ?

The color nut on the sc can make it idle all crazy ? if it was loose wouldnt it do that all the time

ps.. how did you tighten it ?

Spanner wrench

All ya gotta do is at idle take some carbcleaner and spray the collar to see if it is leaking...Obviously it will blip the idle when you do that.."If it is leaking"

If it is leaking then ya need to get a spanner wrech or use a strap wrench til you get a spanner...I gto my spanner set from Harbor freight for 12bux...It is a set of three...

I would check it, ya never know...

Back