How to get better MPG.

J

jpaitala

What are the "key factors" in getting a better MPG.
-Fuel filter?
-Air Filter?
-?
-?
-?

Thanks.

Those are 2 of them...

I have been trying to get mine back up to par as well...This is what I have found out....

I run a K&N Air Cleaner

Good fuel filter
Plugs
Wires
o2 sensors are a biggy...If they are old...
Clean MAF sensor
Clean Injectors is another biggy...I don't know how effective the additives are in comparrison to physicaly removing them and servicing them...I would doubt that a cleaner could compare...This is something I would do if nothing else seemed very effective...A light foot tends to help as well...;) But hey what fun is that???

Fuel has gotta be a nightmare in FINLAND, I know that in 96' I was talking to a friend of mine from the Finish Embassy and he was explaining to me how much fuel was there...OMG, was I ever shocked...He said that if you have extra recreational vehicles you are considered to be a bit of a high roller...Is that so? He was a MX riding partner of mine...The guy was down with it too...LOL..Loved Riding...Fuel was like 36 cents a gal. american currency in Kuwait back then...That was 98 ocatane lo-lead....

Let us know what makes the biggest improvments to your MPG..

Cheers

Yes the gasoline is real pricey here!! :(
It's 1.15USD / litre, not per gallon...
So as a quick calculation shows it's 4times more expensive than it's over there.

That is Nutz man...

I think it was about that much more than US back then as well...Does is move much or just stay pretty steady???

Also I found it interesting how you guys pay taxes on your cars over there...It is like 130% or something? That takes care of everything as long as you own the car right????

This is more information that I was given in general conversation with people from FINLAND...I about choked when I heard that...I think it is interesting how things are differant in other places...Anyone else find this stuff interesting????

Did you import the your SC yourself or was it already in country?

cheers

Yes.. This is ridiculous in here.
If I buy a car from US. and it costs ~25000USD and bring it to Finland I'll have to pay so much taxes that the price off the car is at least 60000USD after the taxes.... Think about it...
The gas price has over 75% of tax in it.
So the cars are quite heavily taxed here... =(

My car was imported from US in 1994 by it's owner back then. So it was a finnish car when I bought it a little over a year ago.

Back