Factory Freak ???

1BADSC

I finally had a chance to run my car today on a G-tech Pro, the ground was level (Delaware everything is flat). lol Anyway, the car ran a 14.3 at 99.6 MPH, I spun badly in first and second even when I tried to bog it out in first (rear control arm bushings and shocks are bad that is why it spins so much. But anyway are those numbers freakish. I thought they were. Let me know what you think.

1BADSC said:
I finally had a chance to run my car today on a G-tech Pro, the ground was level (Delaware everything is flat). lol Anyway, the car ran a 14.3 at 99.6 MPH, I spun badly in first and second even when I tried to bog it out in first (rear control arm bushings and shocks are bad that is why it spins so much. But anyway are those numbers freakish. I thought they were. Let me know what you think.
That car runs like a raped ape for one that does not have heavy mods! Are you the original owner???:confused:
You say you spun through first and second gear and still ran a 14.3!!!! Damn! That's nearly as fast as my 2000GT Mustang's stock times! (without wheelspin)
dirtybird91:rolleyes::eek:

Freak

I have the orignal heads on the car now, so all it really has is the gears and exhaust, I am getting ready to do some extreme work on the other heads
So is that a freak time with just the gears and exhaust.

I am the second owner, the original owner worked for Ford and had the engine and tranny and charger changed at 30,000 miles, not sure why he did that, I just have the receipts for it. So it is all stock right now to the best of my knowledge.

Original?

Let's see.......

The original owner "worked for Ford" and replaced the engine, SC and tranny.:rolleyes:

I smell a rat.

If you have this:
10% overdrive, cold air intake, 3.08 gears, b&m ripper, LUK clutch, scp exhaust without mufflers, custom chip, ported and polished heads

then you do not have this:
all stock right now to the best of my knowledge

But that is a fairly good time for the mods you have. Keep in mind that G-tech's are known for being "fast", so you might be a little disappointed at the track.

Stock now

No I have the ported heads off the car right now, the stockers are back on there. I don't really consider the pulley to be that big of a deal after running different ratios on Desktop Dyno. But for most part the car was mostly stock at the time of the run.

Thanks for the input again guys.

Gtech isn't that accurate. I'd take it to the track before you get too excited. The timer at the track and the gtech work differently. The one at the track is way more accurate.

i have always heard that Gtech IS accurate. all the kids around here run em and the Gtech shows the same times that there multiple timeslips show....

The time and especially the mph is way quicker than the car should run with the mods you listed. 99 mph is high to mid 13 second territory. Cold dry winter air adds HP, but not that much.

Take it to the dyno or the track to see what you really have.

David

well

Well the tires were spinning so that would account for the 14.3 and the 99mph. I guess i won't know what has been done to this thing until I pull the motor. That or maybe the G-tech was off who knows. I am not taking this thing too seriously because it was a G-tech and not a time slip.

Like I said

Like I said, I have no idea what it has, but as soon as I find a dyno I will let you know. I will also try another G-tech to make sure this one is not messed up

A few of my friends have used this one and it has matched their track times within a few tenths. And Car and Driver has tested it and found it to be pretty close as well. Now if you are not on a level surface or it is not perfectly straight than the numbers will certainly be off. You have to select the area to use it very carefully.

my friends also use a gtech and there gtech times are within a tenth of a second. i believe that you that have not gotton accurate results with a gtech probably were not on level ground.

is it just me or is there a little hint of ******* in a members posting in this thread? "no wimpy v6 for me" (i mean... if he doesnt like the v6 sc motor then why is he on this site?)

Last edited:
Back