New fuel injectors and pump??? specific

klsoneSC

I have a fuel injector and fuel pump question. With a 76mm MAF, ZR intake, 75mm TB (and ported intake plenum of course), Kooks headers, hi flow cats and full SCP exhaust, removed air silencer, 3.73 gears, 8.5mm Magnecor wires and a 10% OD pulley on my 91SC am I still OK as far as fuel pump and injectors? I was planning on upgrading the fuel pump and injectors in 6-8 months when I get some more money. In the mean time I plan on adding a IC fan, modifing the rad. fan to come on earlier, and some other electrical mods. I havent put the MAF, TB, 3.73 gears or 10%OD pulley on yet because I was afraid of the injector issue. PLEASE let me know what other mods (on top of what I have mentioned) I can do and still be safe with the pump and injectors? Is 300 HP really a good line to change them? Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup.

From what I have read and understood it is safe to go up to 300 HP on stock injectors/pump. 3.73's shouldn't effect it AT ALL. So you dont' have to hold off putting those in. I have all the mods you have except MAF and the TB. And I still have all stock injectors and fuel pump. I would go for it unless theirs some reason you beleive their not worthy.

You should be fine. Until you rework the blower, heads, cam, or intake manifold, you should be fine.

Thomas

I've seen some dyno runs posted here in the past with oxy sensor readings and I would have to say that an fuel could be an issue. I would certainly do the pump and then think about an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

You don't want to lean out the engine during a high speed run and burn a piston. Not that you would. But with those intake and exhaust mods you are really flowing a alot more air, and the stock pump is just not able to flow high enough volume.

It's a a personal opinion but I think there is some logic to it.

Back