What do you think of the 2001 Tbird?

Re: What do you think of the 2001 Tbird?

I could get behind it if it was not called a t-bird

It might be in the 01 auto show, but it's a 02 model.

what t bird? Oh, that thing that they're calling a t bird to help sell it?

Overall, I think the car looks like crap. But....at 310 HP, RWD that's huge. Small light weight car with 300+ HP, look out rice boys.

300+ HP? Not in stock form. More like 252 HP. 267 lb-ft of torque. Interestingly, the thing weighs 3883 lbs without driver and gas. So it's pretty fat, just like ours. Times are pretty similar as well. 0-60 in 7.0, 15.3 through the 1/4-mile. But ours respond to simple mods (like uncorking the crappy exhaust) much better.

I only like parts of it.
As a whole it doesn't appeal to me
it's too bad ,i like most year t birds,had a 66 w/390 can you say crooozin

You should have had different voting options. There is nothing inbetween "awesome" and "ok." I think its a nice car, and id like to have one, but im not gonna go wild over it.

Between it and my SC, theyre different types of cars. The new T-Bird seems to be made mainly for flash and decent performance, while the SC is more of a sleeper; it wasnt designed to wow anybody with its looks, but to fit luxury, usability, and performance in one package.

Re: First things First, but not in that order (!)

To me, it looks like crap: Again, Ford doesn't know
what it wants, or what it's doing???

Anyway, like it didn't with the re-release of the
new Cougar, I just hope they don't dump the
new Bird after it too falters in its sales expectations, lol !

But, hey, at least future years can address what
I would label, maturing mods, such that, in any one
year out there in time, this newee just might
draw my attention !

Meantime, I'm sleeping with my SC !
Peace, virgil

New Bird

What many of you need to realize, is that the T Bird was based as a two seat roadster. Our SC's are far from that. I think Ford made the mistake back in the early 60's adding a back seat, as well as 2 more doors. I personaly have seen many 4 door birds. And I am happy to see that they put the Thunderbird name on it, taking it back to where it started, and should have stayed.

Just my .02
Aaron

New Birds

Can't say I care for it much or it's laughable price. I could have a Nissan Z or a Mazda RX8 for less money.

Back