Where to get 76mm or 80mm+ MAF??

Mike Manzo

I am soon to receive my MP setup with the 85mm TB and want to feed it correctly, so I am looking for at least a 76mm MAF (would like an 80 or better).

Where can I find something like this. Preferibly one that uses the stock electronics (I have an EEC Tuner).

Is there a way I can order the 80mm MAF listed for the Mustang off of Summit Racing and get a sampling tube to match the 36lb Injector sizes?

granted I do have an EEC tuner, but if the EEC tuner decides to take a **** one day, I want to be able to get the car home without carrying around the stock MAF...

Any help would be great....

Mike

Damon,
With the 80mm mass air you didn't have to recalibrate anything? All you did was change the sample tube? Reason i asked is because I want to change my mass air but the 76mm doesn't really seem worth it, I would love to use a 80mm lightning mass air but don't got the dough to get a chip done as well. Please let me know thanks.

If you have an EEC Tuner anyway, it really doesn't matter what electronics are on the replacement meter ... you can adjust for it with the Tuner. If you want big, and low dollar, take a look at the 2001-up F-150 Lightning meters ... 90 mm !! ... and they should only be about $125 to $150 in the U.S., plus a cheap wiring adapter. Check around with the OE Ford parts suppliers ... 1L3Z-12B579-AA is the meter, F68Z-12A690-AA is the harness adapter to splice in. You'll also need an air cleaner adapter from AccuFab, or anybody who has the piece to go from a 4-bolt flange to a slip-on filter connection.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

I ordered the 87mm Pro-M unit Thomas mentioned to go with my 85mm TB, It cost $249

After buying the harness $29, filter adaptor $40 and paying a $75 core charge, the 90 mm Lightning maf for $125 was no longer such a great deal.

David

Last edited:
I have heard about using Lightning mass airs, but don't you need your computer recalibrated for it to work right?. I am intrested in an 80mm mass air houseing but I don't want to have to get a chip or tuner not just yet anyway. ;)

I have the 90mm Lightning MAF. Works great. Might have bought the 87mm unit if I had to go back, but for the size and price, you can't go wrong.

curse said:
I have heard about using Lightning mass airs, but don't you need your computer recalibrated for it to work right?. I am intrested in an 80mm mass air houseing but I don't want to have to get a chip or tuner not just yet anyway. ;)

Yup, Lightning MAF needs an EEC Tuner or a custom chip to compensate for the different transfer function.

cheers
Ed N.

Back