Tax time my SC friends!!

I don't know about you guys, but it is tax time and I am going to see just how much cash I can cheat my wife out of to pour into the ole SC!!!!!:D
Also this will be the first full year that I have owned my new house. I paid over $10,000.00 this year in interest due to the high rate that I had for most of the year. :( I hope the IRS is going to give some of this cash back! I guess I will soon see huh! Well, how many of you plan to break into some SC mods with tax cash!?:D :D :D

I just bought a house this past October with my fiance. I have somehow magically convinced her that at least half of our combined tax refund should go into my SC! Yippee!

So when the tax man cometh with cash to give back to us, I can pay off the credit card I used for my Magnum Powers blower upgrades, get a new paint job this Spring- and if perhaps I can cajole and pester said fiance a bit more... new wheels and tires!

Yippee! :D

Unfortunately, my wife has caught on to my tactics of getting $$. Therefore, I only get to pay off the credit card that financed my repairs/upgrades for this year. Considering that I got my car in June of last year and I only had to spend about $4k to get it working right...ok, $3k to get it working right and another $1k for mods. And next year is the garage...So for now, I just have to settle with part of the tax $$ to pay off the plastic and the wife gets the rest. What she plans with it, I'm not sure. But next year's tax return (first full year of house interest) will be the garage. We need one!

It's a good thing that I make extra $$ throughout the year from my work...(I still get my mods, one way or the other :D)

Refund?

1099 = eating boiled dirt for a couple of months then writing a big ole check!

The IRS Nazi says:
No refund for you! 1 year!

Damn Dave!

Dave Neibert said:
No refund for me either...last year I had to pay the IRS another $3000. I won't be filing until April 14th.

David
Gee Dave that SUCKS! I always claim "0" dependents and I have never had to pay anything back. They do tax the hell out of you during the year though!:(
dirtybirdie

The IRS does not treat everyone equally when it comes to paying taxes. You bust your a$$ to get ahead and make a little more money, and they just take a higher percentage.

I claim "0" and have extra withheld, and my wife does the same. Over the last 10 years, our returns have gotten smaller and smaller until we started owing them.

David

David Neibert said:
The IRS does not treat everyone equally when it comes to paying taxes. You bust your a$$ to get ahead and make a little more money, and they just take a higher percentage.

I claim "0" and have extra withheld, and my wife does the same. Over the last 10 years, our returns have gotten smaller and smaller until we started owing them.

David
No way dude!:eek: You must fall into a much steeper bracket than me if you have to pay $3,000.00
That is pretty steep! They would just have to come and get the 'OL SC and call it even because I would never be able to pay. What on earth do you do for a living dude?:confused:
dirtybird91

Car guys should be able to claim their cars as dependants. AND get a "recycling" credit for buying used cars, restoring them and saving them from the crusher and land fills. ;)

JAFO said:
Car guys should be able to claim their cars as dependants. AND get a "recycling" credit for buying used cars, restoring them and saving them from the crusher and land fills. ;)
AMEN to that JAFO!!:D :eek:
I should be able to get a earned income credit for my SC dudes!:D
dirtybird91

i dont have to file this year :D

i dont know if that is good or bad, but being that i was in school for most of hte year and this sucky economy left me unemployed over the summer, i mad a whopping $125 in "taxable income" last year

i feel your pain Dave Neibert. i'm in the exact same boat you are in. i'm looking for more deductions myself. otherwise i owe 3300. i have my deductions set to 0 also. i told my jobs to take out more per check so i don't have to go through this again. this is also the first year that i didn't get a refund....

wayne..

It's not that I can't afford to pay the extra money, I just don't think I should have to. I'm real big on treating everyone the same, because I think that it's fair.

IMO, everyone should pay a flat rate, no deductions, no tax free 401k savings, no child care credits, no loop holes, no filing your taxes unless your a business.

Just charge everyone 25% of their gross income....doesn't matter if you make $100 per year or $100,000 everyone pays 25%. Why should some people pay 5% or less and others pay 30% or more?

I know that is over simplified and there would be problems on collecting taxes on the sale of assets or earnings from stocks, bonds ect...but I'm mainly interested in a flat rate for the sake of fairness.

David

This is what really gets to me that I think of this time every year:
Years ago I worked for a consumer finance company in a small [corrupt] little town. I got so sick of seeing people walking in carrying $4000+ tax return checks. They would claim a sister/brother's kids as dependants, and split part of that money with the sister/brother as payment for letting them do that. Folks would walk in, laugh, payoff their loan, go buy a car...and be back in a week. :rolleyes: Blew all that money on gambling or something, and brag about it.
It was so blatant that no one in the town even tried to hide that they were ripping off the government (and the other taxpayers). I saw so many BS disability recipients that I began to doubt the whole system. I know that there are legitimately disabled people out there that get a lot LESS than they should because, IMO about 60% of those on disability could really work just fine. In this town they had a doctor that would get anyone onto disability if they had the slightest work injury. I met dozens of men that got "injured" at work, claimed they couldn't work and then worked as an auto mechanic at home, or as a non-licensed builder--tax free, and collecting disability. I think of that crap at this time EVERY YEAR. People who need help get a fraction of what they could, and we pay more taxes than necessary all because of the 1000's of dishonest people looking for a free ride. It would be worth it to spend the money to investigate this so that in a few years this could be cut out. In the long run it would save a lot of money. Then give me a tax break. I don't mind taxes if they spend it well, but don't just throw it away.
[/rant]

Yeah, kinda cranky this morning. :mad:

That's very true JAFO!

I agree 100% Also you have these old people paying out the a$$ for medicine and that fires me up. I just seen a special on TV where the average elderly person spend $7,000.00 on medicine per year. "Try that one on social security" The whole system is messed up and uneven man. There should be a "NATIONAL HEALTH CARE PLAN" I would not mind paying taxes after that. I have an excellent insurance plan, but we pay all this money and in the end we will be very fortunate if social security is even an option when we grow old enough to collect it.:( I have invested into 401K and I am very interested in seeing how that will turn out. LOL! This country wants to finance a billion dollar war and we can't even take care of our poor!:mad: Things are very much out of balance. When my tax money arrives in the mail I am sort of mad because that's just money that I had to loan the government or else! I feel like they are loan sharking me because if I have to give the money up or else the IRS will just come and kick my a$$ and break my arms!
dirtybird91:eek:

Last edited:
Back