Blower top nut thingy!!

89_cougarxr7

Ok, looking form the drivers side of the engine compartment, which direction do i need to turn that big nut thingy. I cant figure it out cause it's so tight, it doesn't budge in either direction.
thnx

--Joel--

Why do you want to remove the spanner nut? You're better to leave it alone and just have the Top & Tube as one piece by taking off the 4 bolts on the SC, it easier to work with that way. good luck

Hi, Joel.

I very definitely agree with VancouverBC. The big collar nut has to be so tight anyway to ensure a good vacuum seal that it's just easier to do the four bolts and remove the top and tube as an assembly. Been there done that. (..still haven't been able to loosen my collar nut yet..:) ....)

Alright, i wont mess with it.
but i think i have a leak somewhere and i cant figure out where. I think its coming from the blower top. I dont think theres a good enough seal. I hate taken the whole thing apart. GRRRRR

Thnks alot guys. glad i talked to you first before i screwed something up bad.

Peace
--Joel--

Intake leak

You don't take things apart to check for leaks. In your case, you could let the car idle and spray carb cleaner at each connection including the blower top. When you hear the idle change, it is indicating an ait leak. So check every connection after the MAF. good luck

Back