PDA

View Full Version : Highbeam problems?

SUPER91SC
01-29-2003, 10:19 PM
How's everyone tonight? I was just wondering what would cause the high beams to stay on after the car was shut off? And I don't mean just for a little while I mean for good or until I pull the relay from under the hood if it was going to sit for the night or else I would wake up and find myself a dead battery? This started to happen a couple of weeks before I put the car away for the winter in late fall. Now that spring is approaching I will be working all the the bugs out and this is one that I'm not sure about, any help would be greatly appricated. Thanx, Mike.

tbirdsc35th
01-30-2003, 12:26 AM
Hi, Mike.

Do you have the delayed exit/auto dimmer headlights? The EVTM states that if the headlights stay on for 15 minutes more or less, there is infinite resistance, mainly a closed circuit, at the autolamp light sensor or a bad main headlight switch. Hope this helps some.

SUPER91SC
01-30-2003, 08:16 PM
Lance, thanx for the reply. Yes I do have the headlight delay so that is where I'll start either check it out or just replace it. Any ideas on the cost? not that it matters when it comes to the SC but just wondering.

Mike

tbirdsc35th
01-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Mike, I can't tell you for sure on the cost but I'll be happy to check with Ford about it tomorrow. If you think you might like a used one, try [email protected] and see if he has any. No offense to any other sellers but I've dealt with Ryan Sunquist and he is more than reasonable on his stuff. Just let me know.

scbird1
01-30-2003, 10:37 PM
That sounds like the multi funtion switch. With key out you should be able to turn on brights wile pulling back on the turn signal switch. Next time your lights stay on, pull that thing back and fouth and see if they dont flicker and go out.