Double or Liquid IC?.....

Do you mean, a liquid cooled, or an air to water or am I missing what you mean.

I'm in the process of fitting up a double I/C. I'll let you know how it goes on the dyno.

As for whats better, I'd think the the liquid cool unit would be a better way to keep a cosnat temp, than just welding 2 stocker together. What about the unit the ESM offers, has a compartment for dry ice, that would be cool.

Hope that helps some.

What Steve means is...should he buy this:

DSC00863.JPG

Or this:

DSC00714.JPG

But I would recommend this:

xxl.jpg

Was I right Steve?

Look at the gap in the custom double I/C. Talk about crappy workmanship. The polish is nive tough, but man you will loose air from the gap, plus it will cause turbulance! which is not good. Scott, than unitl, I'm not sure that will fit in the stock location, unless the battery is relocated.

Steve I say to go for the liquid unit, it will be easier to maintan a even level, as you know our superchargers become air heaters after a certan piont. I think that a water cooled unit would be best, put with the plumbing, the tank in the trunk, it would take me too long, so I'll wait, but yeah that liquid unit look nice.

water vs air

If you look into the basics of it all.U should go with the water cooled version,since water transfers 4 times more heat than air and can also keep the spike of a sudden rush of heat down to a better managable temp than air.This is what i am building right now,i have researched this for a long time and have found what i think is the best of both worlds.

I was looking at some prices for liquid intercoolers and man are they expensive......about $1100.00US......just for the intercooler, then you have the get the pump, pipes and whatever else.

In my opinion i would go for an air-to-air intercooler for everyday use. I think that you would have to keep changing the water or it would heat up and act more like a heater core than anything else.

Well when i am done with mine i wont have to change any water.If you design it properly you can get it to lower than ambient air temperature.If you do some research then you would see the overwhelming advantages to a water/air intercooler.

Yes we use air to air and water to air. The water to air is best for drag strip type racing. After the water gets hot it will not cool the charge, that is why the air to air works better on the road.

wise words from the SC man, Coy Miller.

Last edited:
It all depends what system that you are using,their are many ways to design a ic system that will perform flawlessly year round.Good luck with your project.Let me know how it turns out,if you really want to know how good the intercooler performs then you should install a temp measuring device so that you can see the difference between the incoming air temp and the outgoing air temp.If you do not drop the air temp sufficiently then it does not matter bout flow so much because the computer will pull timing out to compensate for the temp of the air.

I am in the works for a before and after intercooler tempurature guages now. I hope your projects work out for you as well, please let me know your results.

Scott

Back