performance investment?

94-5speed16

Hello,
I'm going to be taking a loan out tomarrow and first buying tires, and with the money i got left i'll be puttin into performance. I was wondering what are the first things i should do to my 94 5 speed. I just installed a B&M shifter last night. I'll have around $1000 to spend on performance, with getting everything installed besides stuff that i can install myself. I know exhaust is the first thing and i'v got a guy who says he can put headers on for me and custom bend true duel 2.5" stainless pipes ,but i supply the mufflers, for $350 which i think is good. I don't want to spend money to buy kooks headers, and i don't want to take the time to get my stock manifolds ported, so it's pretty much up to leaving the manifolds as is or buying mustang headers. What do you think i should do.

next, I know intake is another biggy. I'v already got a K&N in the airbox but i don't think that's to sufficient. I'm thinking more of something like zr motorsports, or the intake i saw with a huge airbox with like a 9" k&N in it as far as i know. After that i'm thinking 3.27 gears.

Maybe i should stop guessing what i need and just ask, What's the best way to spend my $1000? I know i can install the intake myself but gears is another deal, so take into consideration things i'll have to get installed. Thanks for reading

dan

Exhaust First..any other mod will not realize their full potential
without free flowing exhaust... if you get it done for 350.00 I will be impressed! I would start your spending there and see what you have left ,then Intake, bigger Maf, bigger throttle Body,gears,Raised blower top etc. oops way over a thousand !
Have fun,i'm working my way down that road too!

Your Dad would say this.....

If you have to take out a loan to buy tires, you have other things to worry about other than buying performance parts. I suggest you open a savings account and buy parts as you have the cash. Don't end up like me, 30 years old and a mountain of debt, living with Mom and Dad- right now the two SC's in the driveway don't really matter. Spending, and saving, habits are formed early- avoid this trap. Sorry for the lecture.

Youll get a few opinions on this one.. My advice in this order

Exhaust
Higher flowing air intake 3 inch
Bigger mass air (Pro M or C&L)
intercooler fan
255lph fuel pump
Smaller blower pulley
Custom burned chip

If you want more...
Magnum powers inlet & 70mm or larger if you like Throttle body

Then..Get your blower ported

I'd go with the Magnum powers supercharger porting, Magnum powers plenum, and a chip. since you have a 94, you will get nice gains from a chip. I think I could get you all 3 for somthing around $1000.

Brian

Do you think it's worth it to pay the extra money and have the mustang headers put on instead of just the other exhaust mods? Or should i put that money into other mods?

Put that money into other mods.. Headers are nice. But not necessary. You will see gains out of ported manifolds just fine. Enough to get you over the 300hp mark through other mods.

Good Luch.. Go with the thought of MP setup w/chip. That for 1k. That will help you see a major difference from stock.

Anthony

Back