oil pressure

stephens89sc

ok i dont get this... i just did motor mounts with a friend. we put everythign back together and it all works

theres one thing ive noticed, my oil pressure guage used to sit at the "m" now it sits way past it... like it doesnt bottom the guage out but its higher than it was before

from waht ive been told the gauge isnt accurate, it just tells u that u have oil pressure it doesnt measure it like an after market gauges..

is this a problem or is it just a dumb *** gauge?

you might have grounded out the gauge wire. check the wire going to the oil press. sensor. its most likely a one wire dealy that plugs onto a threaded plugin. check the wire and make sure its not pinched anywhere. you should probably try unplugging it and see if it actually makes the gauge read 0 psi. the gauge is accurate to the point that it tells you you have some oil pressure and if its more than a quarter of the way you shouldnt have to worry, the higher the better. :D

P.S. when i said threaded its ribbed, just pull it straight off dont try to twist it off ;)

oil press

my pressure gauge is pointing a little to the right side of the MIddle....is that good or bad....there is plenty of oil....? hope this is not one of those HG signs....

The SC oil pressure 'gauge' is a glorified idiot light. The sender is just a switch that trips around 7-10 PSI.

Meaning, ANYTHING over 10 PSI will close the switch and move the gauge a random distant to the right across the gauge. ANYTHING below 10 PSI will make it read 0.

If it makes you feel better, by a new sending unit and it'll probably make it move 3/4 of the way across.

Later,
Steve

Oil Low Gauge

my middle gauge panel on top of the radio...whatever it is called...tells me that i am low on oil...(and washer fluid which i know i am low on)....but i do have the dipstick on the checkerd lines on the full line....is this normal for the sensor for the monitor to tell me that i am low on oil...or is it something else....? thanks a lot.(another thing is that i cant reset the oil thingy...i can only reset the change oil side of the monitor)

My Vehicle Maintenance Monitor (VMM) will show I'm low on oil if it's 3/4 qt low and I park on a moderate hill. The sensor is on the side of the oil pan, so if the car leans to one side too far it will show low. And it can't be reset. The sensor could be bad, who knows.

Try adding another 1/2 QT and see if it goes out.

~S

Back