New Pro-M wire connection doesn't fit

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
I installed my new 87mm Pro-m MAF tonight then discovered the wire connection isn't the same. The rectangular connection on the bottom is the pro-maf and the oval shaped one on top is the correct style.

maf%20plug.jpg

Is the one I received a late style or what ? Can I just change the connection on my car's wiring or will I need to return the MAF ?

David

Buy the same Ford adapter for the Lmaf and it will work.
F68Z-12A690-AA
You will have to cut and splice the wires.

Dave,

You can change it. Someone will have the part number. You can probably the wire from where you bought the Pro-M. I had to change my harness as well for my 90mm MAFS. But, you don't want to just twist the wires together. Use a soldering gun. After you get the wire to fit, it will have the same number and color of wires as on your stock harness. Then splice about 1/2 inch off both sets of wires. Use a soldering gun and solder the wires connection and wrap each one with black electrical tape. So yes, you just cut off your current connection.

Save it though, incase you ever want to use it, just solder it back to the original wires.... ... It's best to solder because of the connection that needs to be made between the two sets of wires is important.

Anthony

There ya go. I didn't have the part#. But, yep, that one will work.

You can twist the wires together. You'll probably get feedback that it works fine. But your better bet is to solder it.

Anthony

You've got to be freakin' kidding me. CRAP! I tell you what, ever since that Granatilla Motorsports pile of #@!$ started distributing for Pro-Flow, I've had nothing but problems. MAN I HATE THEM!!!!!!!! Anyway, how did that filter fit Dave?

Thomas

Thanks for the quick response everyone, I'll get the lightning pigtail.

Thomas,

The 9" filter was a tight fit in the MP cool air divider box thingy(to long). I had to cut about half of the mounting flange off the filter to make it fit. An 8" filter would work better. Here is a pic.

engine%20013003.jpg

David

Last edited:
Jerrod,

Thanks for the offer, but I need it running tomorrow so I can have the chip re-burned and dyno tune it this weekend . I'll pick one up at the local Ford dealer.

Thanks, David

David, what kind of intake tube is that? custom or did you buy it? If so what kind is it? I'm looking for one since I already have the filter an pro-flow MAS.

The intake is from Magnum Powers, http://www.magnumpowers.com

DAVE,

This is wierd. I bought the exact same MAF as you did, but mine has the round type plug and fits just fine with my stock harness? I wonder why that is? Wierd........

Thomas

The one Dave has is for a later model ford..Why they sent him that one is beyond me..Hopefully its calibrated correctly

The flow sheet that came with the MAF was labeled custom and was marked "T-Bird SC" but didn't indicate the year or injector size.

I wanted the calibration somewhat close just in case I had a chip problem. It doesn't really matter, because Brian Herron said he can adapt the chip to what ever calibrations they used.

We plan to dyno tune again on Sunday. I'm expecting something around 380 rwhp. That shouldn't be difficult since it pulled 374 with a C&L 76 mm last week.

David

I picked up the Lmaf wiring adaptor on the way to work this morning. It looks like it will fit and I'll just need to solder the wires like Anthony mentioned.

I'll let you know how it turns out and thanks again.

David

Back