5speed trans

black99lightnin

I was going to have my trans gone through, meaning new synchros. Here is my dilema. Trans grinds going into gears, except 1st, 5th, and reverse. All forward upshifts unless done extremely slow and deliberant will grind. I took it to a operation where we send all of our trans work, because we don't rebuild trannies where I am. I'm thinking he should do me a favor for all the work we send him. He says $1,400. He says it needs synchros(obvious), bearings, output shaft, input shaft..... I tell him don't touch it. What do you think?

My tranny shop quoted me a similar price (well add another 1000 to that, I borke everything), so i found a shop in Pittsburgh Pa, that will send you out one that they already have rebuilt for I think it was 800 bucks or so and then once you get the tranny and have it in for a week or two, call them and they will set up a UPS truck to come get your old one for the core charge. The name of the place is Luchetti Auto
rebuilt freight included guaranteed 12 months unlimited mileage freight
included_ contact ron at 800 324 8960 ronnie.

That is the number to call. So far my tanny has been solid. Hope this can help you, let me know what you decide to do.

Back