Not Sc Related, But...

Wicked SC

... Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused: . My buddy's '97 Expedition's (5.4L) Check Engine light came on. We did a scan on it and came up with a P0141 code. Translated into English, it means "Heated Oxygen circuit fault. BANK 1, SENSOR 2." Can someone translate it into simpler English for me?? Does that mean the O2 sensor on the Driver's side (bank 1), after the cat (sensor 2)?? If anyone can shine some light on this, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you, fellas.

Call your local autozone and ask if anyone there knows, we do testing for free, but the problem with the hand held OBDII testers is that the information is very vauge. You are correct in that it is bank one sensor after the cat (as far as I know), which means it could be the O2 Sensor or the wires or anything dealing with the O2 Sensor, unless someone has had this same problem before, it is often difficult to find out what is wrong without a live running data machine. Very few of the codes that the hand testers put out are specific. But in most cases your code would indicate a faulty O2 sensor.

Back