Heater Control Bogs Engine?

boosted89SC

Hi guys, Just got my SC running again today and noticed that when i hit the defroster for the winsheild or defroster/feet the engine bogs down hard almost stalling and comes back up. On vent it works fine, What the hell would cause this? i didnt try the ac yet its just to cold to play with it, is the ac coming on even on the heat side? thanks again for the help guys

Last edited:
boosted89SC said:
Hi guys, Just got my SC running again today and noticed that when i hit the defroster for the winsheild or defroster/feet the engine bogs down hard almost stalling and comes back up. On vent it works fine, What the hell would cause this? i didnt try the ac yet its just to cold to play with it, is the ac coming on even on the heat side? thanks again for the help guys

The A/C comes on when you hit defrost to remove the moisture from the air and make it defrost faster.

Mike Donley

Ac compressor might be bad. Unplug it and see if it changes. Could also be a bad IAC.

Jeff

When the A/C clutch is engauged, the engine computer is supposed to bump the idle up a bit to handle the extra load.

So like everyone said. Disconnect the connector for the A/C compressor and see if that resolves it. If so, then you know it's related to the A/C comming on.

Most likely it is the A/C clutch dragging things down. But it could also be the Idle Air Control valve having trouble bumping the idle up.

Back