Check Guage Light

Billabong089

Does anyone know the approx gas left to make that light go on? I heard 2 gallons, I have a 92 SC, also when does hte Low Fuel light come on at the VMM?

Thanks, always sorta wondered this.

Also, My low windshield washer fluid light never came on even when I was totally empty.. any reason?

i honestly think its more like 3 gallons, because i have run the tank really low with the check gauge on for quite some time and put 17.4 gallons in (only did it once, i dont like doing that) however other times i have seen the light come on, immediatly pulled into a gas station and put in like 14.5-15 gallons

so if i had to guess, i would say 2.5-3 gallons, but definately more than 2

Alright because I'm cheap and I put $5 in at a time, so It barely gets me to a quarter ( about 3.3 gallons with 93 octane) and it seems like the low fuel and check guage light comes on so quick, so I thought I was getting pathetic gas mileage but that makes me feel better now ;)

i just thought of somthing also, i forgot that 89-91 cars have a bigger tank, so you might even have more fuel in the tank when the CE light comes on than my 93 because i only have a 18 gallon tank.

good greif, why don't you just fill the thing up, it costs just as much to fill it as it does to wast time and stop for gas every day.

haha, well I have to budget my $20 a week ;) so I don't want to spend it all on gas, so I do it $5 at a time.

Soon I wont though because I start my job, right now i'm bumming money off my parents...

Back