Many ?'s, Please Respond!!!

caleb_chambers

I'm new to this message board. I currently own a 94 Grand Prix SE w/ the TDC 3.4 DOHC V6 auto, but debating on selling it in favor of an early-year SC 5-Sp. My question is how much of a HP gain can I expect from the following mods-
1. K&N Drop-in
2. Air Silencer Removal
3. Hi-Flo CatCon'(s?) (I hear that in an attempt to bottle up the potential of the SC so as not to come close to the flagship Mustang GT #'s, Ford put a 90-degree bend in the stock cat(s?). Is this true? And are there dual cat's or just one? What brand should I go with, and is the dual exhaust 'true'?)
4. Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers (I intend to purchase these if I buy a SC as they seem to be one of the cheapest, highest flowing, most popular (for SCs) mufflers on the market. If anyone knows of a better one for the money, please tell me :)

Also, how the hell do you get the muffler tips to show on these cars? I think that was SOOOO stupid of Ford to cover them up, I mean the little ground effect thing is neat looking, but they shoulda made some cutouts for the dual exhaust tips. So what is the easiest way to go about doing this.

Thanx Alot!

Caleb Chambers
1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE
3.4L Quad-Cam 24-Valve DOHC V6
Auto, Sunroof, Leather
20% Window Tint
K&N Drop-in
Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers
No MAF Sensor Screen

1&2 a solid 5hp

3 you need to replace the resonator with a higher flowing model before you mess with the cats.

To get the tips to show they have to be far enough out for you to see them. Personally I don't care for the tips showing, and Faux dual exhaust is so passe'.

but that's just me.

Jeff

it was not stupid, FOrd did it to so that the car didn't look like riced out piece of junk.. The car is called a sleeper, it doesn't look fast but it is. Ford did a great thing by hiding the tail pipes. If you want to see tail pipes get a mustang like everyone else, or maybe a nice Honda civic with a coffee can muffler

Back