Gasket material for IC tubes?

90xr7reborn

I was going to make my own reusable gaskets and wondered what kind of material you guys suggested? I was looking at cork but i think with the angle they would rip. I just wanted something that wasn't messy like the copper rtv and was affordable to replace that I could get at my local parts store. Thanks...Bill

I used RTV, just place a small bead around the radius spread out w/finger
& go on with it, you should see some squeeze out once you torqe it down.

Originally posted by 90xr7reborn
I was going to make my own reusable gaskets and wondered what kind of material you guys suggested? I was looking at cork but i think with the angle they would rip. I just wanted something that wasn't messy like the copper rtv and was affordable to replace that I could get at my local parts store. Thanks...Bill
Try using 1/16" thick Teflon, they're very durable.
(thanks Brandon!)

'bird

icset54.jpg

icgask16.jpg

Last edited:
So how did they come out? Are they what you expected? Just curious how somebody else does it & what their results are.

'bird

tbird88, the gaskets you sale are re-usable right?

sounds allot better than gettin out the messy glue stuff...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by nervekiler
tbird88, the gaskets you sale are re-usable right?

sounds allot better than gettin out the messy glue stuff...:rolleyes:
Yes, they're reusable. Like everyone else I recommend Loctite 518 on the blower top but, if I may say so myself, for the IC connections these do great. Approx 165-170 sets on the road so far and no complaints, see my for sale page link in my sig for more details including what I've put one set through.

thanks for your interest,

'bird

I have to agree, I have a set of those teflon gaskets and they are great. I've had my tubes off 8,9-10 times and they seal perfectly. Those gaskets will last a long, long, loooong time.

Ditto, 'bird. Those gaskets I gave to my friend next door? (still can't believe I just gave them to him. LOL) He had 15" vacuum at idle in drive and runs like a... well very good. Can't wait to get these things on mine so I can get on with it. Dead on target, Wynn, you did a great job.

Back