Seemingly slow '95 5 speed

BlkSCnKS

I bought my '95 about 6 months ago and to this day it still seems to be slower then my completely stock '91 5 speed. I can mash the gas in first and I just hook. Absolutely no spinning. The engine was replaced about 10,000 miles ago under factory recall. I sometimes wonder about the work quality of Ford dealerships when I found three of the four holes for the blower top were stripped. When I bought the car the check gauge light would come on because the temp would get to high. If it was actually overheating I still don't know. The guy I bought it from took it to at least two dealerships to get the problem fixed and they even went so far as to replace the gauge and still no solution. I decided to replace the coolant temp sensor and amazingly enough I have not had a problem since. Could they not figure this out? Anyway, back to the subject, does anybody have any ideas where I should start? I have pulled codes several times and have come up with nothing. I did a poor mans exhaust yesterday by just cutting out the third cat and resonator, replacing it with a y pipe and ran 3 inch pipe back to the factory y in the back and it seemed to do nothing. It has a little more of a burble at idle but that is it. Please help me. Please. Thanks, Brandon

Plugs and wires

I don't know when they were last changed but I think I will go ahead and replace them this week. Any other ideas?

I get that same feeling when I switch back and forth between my '95 and my XR7. The XR7 always "feels" faster even though the 95 is putting more power to the ground (not stock). I think a lot of it is due to the transmission gearing. The 94/95's had different trans gear ratios and first gear especially is a lot taller in the newer trans, so you don't get as much torque multiplication and thus that "push you back into the seat feeling".

Back