Message to the SCCOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
"SC GUYS"
It has been suggested by PETEp that we use a picture of the space shuttle on the front page for the month of February. I think the idea is an ingenious way to pay our last respects to the fallen astronauts.
I second this motion, and I hope you guys agree.
Frank Burrell

I know my way around photoshop.. anyone have an aerial shots of the shuttle in flight? i could photoshop a pic of an SC with a blue sky and the shuttle flying in the background...

8ate8

8ate8 said:
I know my way around photoshop.. anyone have an aerial shots of the shuttle in flight? i could photoshop a pic of an SC with a blue sky and the shuttle flying in the background...
What's up 8ate 8! That sounds really cool, and I think that would be awesome myself. I sure hope they back you up on this one dude. Ingenious plan, just plain ingenious!
dirtybird91:eek:

I've seen it, but think it'd be pretty nice to have the caption of the pic that's there now at the bottom of the photoshopped pic I suggested.

hmmm......

blkthndr said:
did you miss the front page that has been modified since 7am?

I don't know what the heck is wrong with my setup, because it currently show that beautiful black SC from January. I am going to reboot my system and cross my fingers.
dirtybird91:D
Wow it worked! I feel so much better!:eek:
BTW: It really looks good!:D

Last edited:
the space shuttle tribute thing is a good idea. but this site is for supercoupes, so the idea with a supercoupe AND a shuttle is even a better idea.

i cant wait to see this. :D

I think:

That a photshopped pic, no matter how good, is a pic of something that never actually happened. If we are really offering tribute to the actual tragic event, we can forgo the "SC car" portion of our front page for a month and let the people who gave their lives be the star.

Re: I think:

gldiii said:
That a photshopped pic, no matter how good, is a pic of something that never actually happened. If we are really offering tribute to the actual tragic event, we can forgo the "SC car" portion of our front page for a month and let the people who gave their lives be the star.

I really think that 8ate8 had a really good concept, but the picture that is now on the cover really looks like it will be very sufficient in getting the point across.:cool:
dirtybird91

Re: I think:

gldiii said:

well all that's on the front page is a half mast flag and a group shot of the members.. which is nothing special really, cept the half mast.. i'm just suggesting a pic of an SC with the shuttle flying in the sky..

and ron, i didn't make it yet.. it was just a suggestion. but i'll get to work on it.

Would you guys just listen to yourselves, arguing about a picture. Give it a rest as the front page as it is right now is perfect. I don't think self serving interests are needed nor desired.

My 2 cents...

Who's the moron who suggested the SC and Shuttle..

No offense, I remember how I felt when we lost the Challenger Crew. I was 17 years old and in High School. The nation was in mourning.

Now, on the brink of war with MADMEN and terrorists blowing stuff up, (in my back yard, I'm minutes from the WTC), you want to put an SC with this????!!!!

This is a tragic moment where people LOST their parents, sister, brother, etc...

Let's remember this........

God Speed to the Crew of the Space Shuttle Columbia.....

RIP

Don

President of the New Jersey Thunderbird and Cougar Club..

yes lube you have a point. but you are missing on important fact.....

...this site is dedicated to the supercoupe. not some unfortunate astronautes. now i come here to learn about and see pictures of our beautiful cars. now the fact remains the same, this site is made for supercoupes. now i think astronuates should feel priviledged to even be able to replace the monthly picture of our beautiful SC's. but at least do the ones who come to this site for what it truely is a favor and give us the pleasure of a cover page with a pic that involves or somehow incorperates a supercoupe.

anyone smell what im steppin in? i mean, this is supercoupe club of america. now show me a supercoupe! :)

but yes it is unfortunate that those had died, and some sort of tribute is appropriate, but NOT without the monthly pic of an SC.

I smell it. ;)

This thread is in poor taste (now). Not due to any one person. May be time for a lock, or delete even, to preserve the good intentions that started it.

Last edited:
You people may hate me fr this...

ok you guys aying ha we should have a pic of a SC on te front page and saying all this other ****, you people make me sick, we are tring to do a good thing here by paying respect to those who died, and you have the *** to ay we should a pic of a car on there, yes this sia site for the SC, however sow some damn feelings. How the hell would you feel is it was a member of your family that had died and ***** said something like you have, you dont even deserve t live in this country if you feel like that, its like spitting on the graves f the vets of WWII, the Sc isjust a dmn car, these are people we are talking about. This is enough to make me want to leave this site and never ome back, Dirtybird did a good thing and we should all wish we all had the carring about others that he has,

MATT

I'm not sure what happened either! We were just having a discussion on the type of pic and then WHAM! Obviously there are a lot of strong feelings on this or people are just not reading all of the posts. In either event it is time to end this line of discussion.

I think our site picture does go along with the original intent of the thead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back