PDA

View Full Version : My horror story

Superbird91
02-03-2003, 06:33 AM
Anyone that has read my posts knows that i've had tranny trouble for the past while, but thats not what this post is about that. To start, a couple of months ago I wrecked my car, I went into a fishtail and there was a a cop in front of me and i freaked, and threw the car the other way and met a pole with the front end and thats all the damage my car had to it. Well a couple of days ago I went to the shop where my car is, and I was getting ready to pull the converter so I could take it and get rid of the core charge, and I was looking around the car for a way to get under it without jacking it up. I got around to the passenger side and right behind the door under the quarter window was a dent about 2 ft long and a foot wide :mad:. My big problem is this guy has been best friends with my dad for like 30 yrs. and I dont think he has insurance for that kind of ***** and I don't want to be an *** and make him pay this is really perplexing. What should I do?? :confused:

dirtybird91
02-03-2003, 07:23 AM
Does this guy acknowledge that he has done the damage to your car Superbird91? If not, do you have proof?:confused: If you can put yourself in his shoes, just think about how he would handle this situation against you. If you think that he would be an @$$ and confront you with the situation, then that's what you should do. It's just that things are hard to prove unless you actually see them happen, so you may be right, but what if you have this guy all wrong.
Just trying speculate. I would follow my instinct if I were in your shoes.:(
dirtybird91

Superbird91
02-03-2003, 05:01 PM
Youve been nothing but helpful since Ive been on this site I just dont know if anything will be solved if I say anything but I know if I dont the time, effort and money have to come out of my pocket to fix it and to tell the truth I can't really afford it Im trying to save up for a new exhaust so I don't blow anymore head gaskets but I want my bird to look good to know what I mean?

dirtybird91
02-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Superbird91
Youve been nothing but helpful since Ive been on this site I just dont know if anything will be solved if I say anything but I know if I dont the time, effort and money have to come out of my pocket to fix it and to tell the truth I can't really afford it Im trying to save up for a new exhaust so I don't blow anymore head gaskets but I want my bird to look good to know what I mean?
I know exactly what you mean dude!:cool: I would just make sure you are 110% positive that you have the right guy. You never know for sure unless he admits guilt. I know that sucks, but I have been wrong about people from time to time.:D
dirtybird91;)

Superbird91
02-03-2003, 07:54 PM
The thing is its in a gated are where he pushes all the cars being worked on (not running) so its not like someone accidentaly ran into it my ins. would cover that I know he pushed a truck in that hit my car but I just dont want to ruin friendships hes an understanding guy but I dont know

dirtybird91
02-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Superbird91
The thing is its in a gated are where he pushes all the cars being worked on (not running) so its not like someone accidentaly ran into it my ins. would cover that I know he pushed a truck in that hit my car but I just dont want to ruin friendships hes an understanding guy but I dont know
Well,
Part of friendship is doing the right thing for your friend, so if he is not big enough to take care of fixing your car then "HE'S NOT A TRUE FRIEND AT ALL" If you confront him and he turns on you, then you will be better off without a friend like that.
Just my .02 cents. I hope you don't think i'm prying too much, I just thought you could use some good ole friedly advise.
:D :D :D
dirtybird91

Superbird91
02-04-2003, 03:15 AM
I wouldn't expect any different from you dirtybird Thanx for caring :D

HappyHourHero
02-04-2003, 01:42 PM
how bad is the dent? if its a pretty "clean" dent you could probaly use one of those suction cups and pull it right out. my freind had an el camino that had a dent in the front fender that was rather big after many months of the dent just sitting there we went ahead and used the suction cup and got it right out, looked pretty good. good luck

Mike8675309
02-04-2003, 01:52 PM
All you can do is ask the guy about it and see what he says. If he claims it was like that when you brought it to him, all you can do is say that it wasn't. If he doesn't want to take ANY responsibility for it then you have two options:

Fight him in court.
Pickup your car and take it somewhere else and eat the cost to fix the dent and never do business with him again.

Anything else and it'll just stress everyone out too much.

Randy N Connie
02-04-2003, 03:50 PM
Sorry to hear your problem. I had a guy I have known most of my life work on my SC. He
put the arms of the lift to far out under the SC and crush the floor boardes up in front .
Then did not tell his dad that owns the shop what had happen.This happen 10-21-02.
So I went to the shop to talk to the owner one week ago.He had me go get a estament.
The insurance adjuster just left.So i may get it fix. It was $2363.66 of damage. I hope
they don't try to total it.I stuck $8000.00 in it in the last 4 month.
Any way the son is pissed at me,for his misstake. I perfure stand up freinds myself. The
owner said he had a $100.00 deductable that it wasnt a problem fixing it,but his son
was looking for a job.

Superbird91
02-04-2003, 07:18 PM
So Im not the only one that gets bad luck with my bird that lightens it a little bit hopefully the guy fixes it I confronted him last night (Thanx Dirtybird) and I dont think there will be a problem I do bodywork/paint cars so Ill be fixing it myself I just want compensation I think the guy is gonna do my exhaust for me thanx for the help guys!:D

JAFO
02-04-2003, 07:33 PM
What did the guy say when you asked about it? Could be 3 possibilities:

1-He knows he did it and will tell you that he was going to fix it, just didn't expect you at the shop to have told you about it already. No big deal as long as no body filler, problem solved

2-He could be milking the insurance claim for all the money he can, if the adjuster hasn't been out there yet. If so, it's fraud. The good side, it's on his part not yours, so if it were to ever be found out (doubtful) it's between the insurance co and him. Problem solved anyway, you're car is fixed.

3-He doesn't know he did it and may refuse responsibility for fixing it. Call your insurance company if this is the case. Did you take pictures after the wreck? Look on the accident report and see if the cop labeled any damage to that side. Did the insurance co. already come out and take pictures, if so, can you see them? If none of this works, have another body shop come get the car to fix it, don't let him do this and still make the money for the repair.
GET THE INSURANCE COMPANY INVOLVED if this is the case. That is not collision, I think that would fall under comprehensive, or uninsured driver, if it can be proved that it was hit by a car there. Probably comprehensive though. You probably have a lower deductible on comprehensive, I carry a 0 deductible--highly recommended. My wife flooded her car--totalled. No rate hike, no deductible since it was covered under comprehensive. Also free windshield replacement/repair. Get them involved and let them go after him, or at least that will pressure him to take care of it.

Good luck, and watch out for those hit and run telephone poles. ;)
So what *did* the cop say? LOL! j/k

Superbird91
02-04-2003, 09:07 PM
Well he has some teenagers that work for him. I think they pushed a car in and bumped my bird. There are no scratches to the paint so Im thinkin a paintless dent puller will do the trick. He's more than happy to help out (covering costs) as for my wreck. I hit a street sign with the pass. side front end. The cop?? Looked at me told me I was a dips*** laughed and gave me an exhibition of speed ticket no insurance claims filed or anything like I said I do my own body work so I figured I could skim this one by my insurance is already $150/mo.:rolleyes: