Small Electrical Problem

SickWhip

Whats up Guys,

I have a problem. When I turn on my foglights, the little light on the button comes on, but my foglights do not turn on? How Do I go about fixing this? Do I have a short somehwhere? The fuse is ok, I checked that last night. I havent had much more time to investigate further, but any direction would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

foglight problem

Just got an SC, and I have the same exact problem. Mine's a '94 5-spd too, and my name is Joe. (weird) Anyway, I went a step further. I pulled out the switch and checked it, both circuits are good. (there's one for the little orange light separate) The wires coming up the the switch also are good. They read ~12V when the headlight switch is on. No power to fogs though. This leads me to believe Ford changed the fogs on the 94 and 95's and finally put in a relay, which in our case has probably failed. I dont know what else it could be. . .

Switch is POS

Gents,

I have had the exact same problem with my 94 5 spd. I'd suggest checking the switch by removing it from the console, remove the wire harness, place a jumper across the harness, turn on your low beams and see what happens.

My switch mechanically failed. The "switch" light would work but no fog lights. If you disassemble the switch, you'll find that it is an intricate, delicate, plastic operating mechanism inside. After a few attempts at repair, I inserted a regular toggle switch into the wiring harness, stuffed it into the console and placed the OEM switch "shell" back in place for cosmetic appearance. Doesn't bother me because I always run the fog lights on low beam...I like the look.

If the switch is ok, there is a relay in the engine compartment. With the fuse being ok, that would be the next thing to check.

Good luck.

Back