Anyone know any good GTP sites? Or 3800 GM?

Bill McNeil

I'm looking for links to GTP and other 3800 series GM club sites, or BBS sections. If anyone has any, please post them here.

Thanks in advance.

looking for how GM prevents HG failures on thier 3.8's?... was saying to ryan the other day how when talking to someone if you tell them you have a 3.8 engine they are just like ahh, but if you add in a ford 3.8 they instantly go to ewwwwwww HG's.. what you never hear is the 3800 series engines having the same amount of HG failures but how GM prevented most of these, and what they do to fix them if they do fail.. remember GM puts alot more time into R&D on 1 part then ford does a entire car...

Sabby,

Thanks buddy. I just registered over at the Ontario Quebec Club Grand Prix, but I'll check that one out also.

As for why...I might be converting.:rolleyes:

Bruce,

The reason their HGs don't blow is because they have 12 head bolts on either side, and can likely deck a block. Whereas we have only 8, and well...the rest is history. Not interested in the HG thing actually, but good guess.

I know an engine builder than can give you 12 bolts in a Ford 3.8L head. I think we all know who I'm talking about.

eh i tried, and if you are getting out of the SC;s :confused:

Ill buy your asp's and sc pulley, if no one has any dibs on it :D

...If Bill decides to split from the SC scene, his car is being retired to permanent display at the Seansonian Museum, at the home of Matteson Motorsports. It will be a constant reminder of what too much boost can do to a perfectly good set of HG's!!! :D

Cheers,

Sean

well about to much boost, I helped ryan take off his 10% on his 95 on saturday, we put on a stock 90 pulley which is 4.3 or 5.3% on a 94/95 blower? well anyway if you were out in his car with the 10% it would peg just a bit past the 15 mark Instanly, well even with this new pulley he hits the 15 almost as fast, there is no slow movement in the needle its just vaccumm peged 15 boost lol.. so what you guys think he was running with the 10%? 20 pounds 25 pounds?

Ahhhhh no. The limit of the stock HGs is about 18 psi, and the stock boost gauge pegs way to easily. I'd say 16 psi max.

Keep in mind I have an AutoMeter boost gauge in my SC, so I can compare the relative accuracy of the stock vs aftermarket. With my boost gauge pegged past 15, it really is only around 15 exactly. You'll notice how the gauge never sits exactly at zero either, so consider that as well.

Well having the opportunity to drive both the t-bird and the GTP IMO the GTP is a little faster off the line especially an auto. Top end I don't know I didn't take it up that fast. The way the car handled to me is crap front wheel drive yucky poo poo

I would take a super coupe bird over the GTP any day of the week as a matter of fact I would even take a nice 4.6L N/A bird over a GTP
to me the T-Bird handles better looks better and the motor sits the right way in the engine bay
case closed
of course everybody has their own opinion and this is just mine please don't take it too seriously.:p

Say 'hello' to Project Alpha!!!

...Twin engine, all-wheel drive Super Coupe!!! ;)

The latest product to come out of the skunk works at Matteson Motorsports!

;)

Anyone got a spare engine synchronizer, like from a twin-screw marine application?!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers,

Sean

Hey Sean

Maybe ask the boys at the real Skunk Works,they have what you need for the project.

http://www.lmaeronautics.com/palmdale/index.html

LM Aero–Palmdale got its nickname, Skunk Works, from the “Skonk Works” of Al Capp’s famed L’il Abner comic strip, where they had a hidden still in a secluded hollow. The name still fits because exciting things are always brewing here. The registered “Skunk Works” name even has its own definition in the Random House dictionary. Kelly Johnson, famed engineering and management genius, was the founder and led Skunk Works for 32 years until retiring in 1975. Under his leadership, Skunk Works created the XP-80, America’s first jet fighter; the XF-104, the first Mach 2 fighter; the U-2 and SR-71 reconnaissance aircraft; and the F-117 Stealth Fighter.

A cool place, a prehaps Matteson Motorsports is the SC verion of LMC's skunk works:D

Dave,

It's funny you mentioned Lockheed Martin! I just finished watching a special on Nova about the F35. The episode showcased the competition between Boeing and Lockheed Martin for the JSF program.

The F35 is quite the aircraft! ...Makes me regret leaving the CF.

...Awww, who am I kidding?! The CF won't be buying these planes anytime soon!!! :D

Cheers,

Sean

Back