Nitrous Question

Black92SC

im looking for a throttle body plate for a nitrous system for my 92 Tbird SC...all i need is the plate for the wet system...ive heard that the mustang tb is basically the same so i could just use one of them but im not sure which would work

http://www.slotcarracing.com/itm00025.htm

anyone know if this would work?

thanks Mike

I totally agree with GooeyGus2. If you inject right at the throttle body you will lose the cooling effect the nitrous causes. I used a nozzle from compu car and tapped right onto the return plentum.

Victor
P.S.
I alos went with a nitrous gauge and a bottle heater to keep the pressure stable, not too much room for error on these cars.

nitrous

I am using a system from a mustang #5115 it is a dry sytem I have the nozzle plumbed in on the tube right before it goes into the back of the intake. With a 75-100 shot the car pulls nice in 1st and second. Major traction problem....... I would not recomend any thing other than a dry system on these cars.

Wet System on these cars = Bad (fuel pudddling unles your spraying more than 125hp shot)

Spray be4 Blower = BAD (nitrous Explosion in Blower)

Spray anywhere after IC = GOOD (extra cooling, closer to plenum the better)

+75 shot on stock motor (internals) = BAD (popped headgaskets, thrown rod..............and so on)

hope this helps
i run a 50 shot in first second and third for the track only. I plumbed the nozzle into the lower IC tube just after the IC becaus i wanted it hidden and i couldnt get to the top of the tube.

50 gives a nice boost without causing too much traction problems.

Also a lil garage tip : when you drill and tap the IC or anthing for that matter put some white lithium grease on the teeth. THis will hold most of the debris in the grease causing less of a mess in whatever your drilling plus lubricate while it goes!

chris

we all know that these are weak head gaskets already correct? well add 15+ pounds of boost. weaker still with more strain on the fuel system to keep it stoich. Now go and add some spray! POW. run lean and pop a headgasket, not to mention other stuff that could happen. im sure your trying to prove me wrong cuas it looks like you know what your talking about seeing as your name is N2O paul, but 75 is about the last safe level you should run on a stock motor.

Chris

Question About stock bottom end

Alright, from what i've found out, my motor was replaced shortly before i bought my car. Right now, the car is half apart with the bottom end left in the engine compartment. The block and the heads both look like they're fresh from the mill. Car was driven about a year, and has sat for the last 6 mos., for winter safe keeping. Being that the motor is a fresher motor, how well do you think it would handle about a 100 shot, and my other upgrades, which include valve job/ port polish heads, headers, 5% pulley, MP induction components, and raised top. Keep in mind, car is more so going to be a show/strip car, and only being driven on sunny/nice days. One of them no rain/snow vehicles. Also, a 3.73 gear and ripper shifter for the driveline. From my driving, the car has had about 20,000 miles on it. I figure if the car isn't fast enough, I will add spray. Opinons /suggestions welcome.

Since shes fresh rebuilt and you have the exhaust side pretty well opened up you should be ok with a 100 shot. UPGRADE YOUR FUEL PUMP THOUGH AND YOU MIGHT WANT TO THINK BOUT THAT WIMPY *** FPR ALSO! other than that to avoid popping HGs let her warm up a lil and cool down thouroughly prior to and post run.

chris

Back