Transmission Fluid Leak

Black94SC5spd

My transmission is leaking fluid through the seal between the transmission output shaft and the drive shaft. Is this possible to do by myself and what are the possible causes of this ?

Thanks Very Much for your answers in advance.

Nick

I really need some help guys, its cold outside and im not much of a walker. Also, i have to drive my girlfriends HONDA ACCORD. (NO NOT THE HONDA) Thats right the Honda. So please help me out hehe.

Thanks once more for your help.
Nick

That is the tailshaft/yolk seal where it is leaking from. You can replace it yourself but you are going to have to get the driveshaft out of the way in order to get the seal out.
In order to get the driveshaft away from it you are going to have to drop the gas tank or else lower the Rear diff.
The seal just gets pried out of the tailshaft and then you can tap the new one in with a big socket.
It is a bunch of labor but the seal is probably less than 10 bucks.

Hope this helps

I have a 95 auto that was doing the same thing it cost me $210 to get a tranny shop to replace it because they said they had to drop the rear end to get the drive shaft out. I didnt have time to do it myself so i took it to a place i trusted and that my father in law has dealt with for years. So anyhow thats my story.

Back