Experiences with magnum powers ported blowers?

blown96bird

I have a supercharged V8 thunderbird with the allen engine supercharger kit. It uses the the Eaton M-90 s model supercharger like the 94-95 supercoupe. I am considering sending my blower and inlet off for magnum powers for porting. How much diffrence dose it make on a mostly stock car? Dose it lower the air charge tempeture because the blower is not having to work so hard? Dose the increase in flow result in large boost or backpressure? Do you know if it will raise the air charge tempeture up top becaus of the extra flow that might not be able to get out of the heads? I am not going to over drive the blower I was hoping that I would get some more flow and reduce the air charge tempetures. I am also planing on adding a raised top for my supercharger, PI camshafts 20 more hp and other inter cooler cooling improvements. I hope because of the raised top, diffrent cams, ported blower and other cooling improvements it will give me 35-40 more hp than where I am at now at 295 rwhp.

I thought the Allen kit had the "top" as the lower floor of the intake with a plate that installs on top with the IC sitting over the SC outlet. The outlet goes down the tubes on either side of the SC and into the engine. Is that right?

Don't have any experience with MP blowers so I can't tell you specifics, just wondering what you mean by the supercharger top.

Jeff

allen supercharger

The supercharger sits in the valley and blows the air charge through the intercooler which sits on top of the blower. A plate sits above that. look at the picture.

Attachments

• spacer1pto.jpg
    spacer1pto.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 460
acccording to Magnum Powers with their charger and top and plenum can add 70HP, but why don't you just call them and get the info straight from them. I am sure they would be willing to help you out.

If you can use the Magnum Powers inlet plenum and Magnaport II case with the big inlet...that's where the biggest power gains are.

David

PS: Everything MP sells is top notch.

Last edited:
I don't think you'd see big gains. You already have an air/water IC, so I don't think that outlet temps are as big of a concern for you. As for the actual flow, Charles told me that the MP outperforms the Smodel "slightly" at higher rpm. Through most of the RPM band they are pretty similar. So I guess it also depends on how fast you are spinning the blower. Stock recommended max rpm for the Smodel is around 16K, and Dave N is running about 20K, so you can see how he has benefited more than someone who is running stock blower speeds.

Dave,

Even on a stock 95 blower, the much larger MP inlet plenum should help. How much, I don't know. Depends on what the biggest intake restriction is.

David

Back