oil pan removal

alsckid86

Hey guys I need your help on this one! I need the fastest way to remove my oil pan. My water pump broke and when I removed it one of the studs that hold it on sheered from corrosion. So I started removing the main front cover/ timing chain cover to access the broken stud for replacement. The stud going through the oil pan into the front cover( on the passenger side) also sheered from corrosion. So I need to know the fastest way to remove the oil pan or at least lower it down far enough to remove the front cover. Is it possible to remove the subframe and leave the engine bolted to the mounts? If not I need a way of supporting the engine without removing the intercooler tubes, how can I do that? Please send a reply as soon as possible! I'm without a car and out of work until I get this car back together!

I'm reading through a 91 Ford shop manual and I have bad news, according to it to remove the oil pan, you need to put the engine on a hoist and drop the subframe. The motor mounts are bolted to the subframe, but if you have access to a hosit then you could do it without removing the I/C tubes. If you need I can scan the section on removing the oil pan and subframes.

Back