Upgrading to 94/95 dashboard/door pannels

joshbea6

Has anyone attempted this change over? I just recently acquired a friend of mine's wrecked 95 LX. I was wondering if anyone has sucessfully made this change over. I have a 90 SC 5spd. I already know that I need a new piece for the center console to accept the shifter, but are there any other hidden suprises for me?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The only problem lies in the dash. Lots of work involved, possilby rewiring, also the heater controls are different enough that you will have to do some wiring. Other than that and the center as you mentioned, the rest is simple. The only reason noone has really attempted the swap is the dash.

dash

i think the doors on the 94 < are kinda caried away from the door...they come into big circles....but not sure if that has to do anything....just reminding u of that....good luck...make sure to keep us posted on how it turns out.

I'm hoping to be able to start tearing out the dash of the 95 here very soon. I hope to have the transplant procedure completed by this spring. (we have the technology to rebuild it......)

When I get it done, I'll post the procedure and some pics of the final product.

I'm am actually planning on doing this myself. I just haven't found a donor car yet. Please keep us updated. I have seen it done in a Cougar before. Some rewiring and some changes in mounting brackets are required for sure.

Thomas

Back