pics of my 90sc, front end conversion is done

HappyHourHero

pics of my 90sc, front end conversion is done (got the pics up)

here is my 90 sc 5spd, finally got around to putting the new front end on, just have to adjust the hood and headlights still but here it is.

Last edited:
Hey, man, it looks awesome!!! Is that a '96/'97 hood or '94/'95? Either way, it looks great. Congratulations.

are those 97 lights and hood?

I have a 95 and found that there are more hood choices for the 96-97 birds. Do you guys think I would only need to change headlights for a 96-97 hood to fir my 95SC?

Thanks

thanks for all the nice comments. the headlights are brighter, just have to rewire the lights so i can have the highbeams like in the later models. its a 96/97 hood and headlights and a 94/95 bumper. chrispearl95, all you need to change is the headlights if you are getting a 97 hood but its a very tight fit putting on the 95 bumper with the headlights but its worth it. hopefully i can take more pics at another area aside from my driveway and post those as well.

also, should i paint the black moldings white or just leave it?

thanks

I think they make a nice contrast. They won't chip if someone opens a door into you too. Looks great just the way you have it!

too tight, any trouble

Thanks for the input, is it so tight that it causes problems? Any concerns or just a nice snug fit.

thanks

I think you should put the 94 trim on that car, and paint the rear bumper trim white. Also then you should loose the saleen door sticker. Are the wheels on your car 96/97 LX sport wheels or did you put 93-95 wheels on with the 96/97 caps?

I like my '91 stock too. However, the conversion rates pretty high on the trick/custom scale. ;) I like tasteful alterations like this to make your car "yours". The 94-95 look is growing on me though, maybe I should try to get another SC? :p

i also like the early style alot but i wanted something different, the early style seems like the car is lower and the 95 bumper seems to point. when i got the bumper it had a xenon front air dam on it but it has some cracks in it and needs to be repaired, soooo.... i might just go ahead and fix it and put that bad boy on as well. scott, putting 94/95 moldings on it isn't a bad idea, i'll probably end up doing that, but i think i'll just keep it how it is untill i am bored with it and it gets a bit warmer. also, the rims are 96/97 sport rims, i got them for around $200 shipped and pretty much "new" when i got them, my old sc rims were looking rather disgusting so i got those.

scott im sure those are 96-97 sport caps.... keith deluca showed me his 96 sport rims one time, and what you see when you take off that center piece is nothing like the SC's, you cannot fit a 96-97 sport center onto a 93-95 SC rim.

After owning a 91 Base model for two years, I came to like the 94-95 front end (the base front end is nasty), plus when I got mine, the front bumper cover was torn in several places, and my base needed some new headlights. That's when I decided to swap the front end. After looking at those pics though, I may have to get some 96-97 lights. I think I will wait until I want to get an aftermarket hood and do it all at once. Nice car though.

Back