bad news for me today

scmitch

Well today i had to go and get my car emissions tested and i failed on the Hydrocarbons test but passed on the corbon monoxide test. So i beilive that my problem has to be in the exhaust? If i decied to change the exhaust i think that i might want to upgrade the whole system. I was looking online and was wondering how the High Flow 3" 2-1-2 car-back exhast syestem was on sale on supercoupepreformance.com? and if i got this system i would still have to put on catlitic converters to pass emissions, correct? cause if i dont hvae to i dont want to. Would i be able to used this system and catalitic converters form supercoupe preformance together and still get an aggressive sound that i want? thanks
mitch

http--www.supercoupeperformance.com-2.jpg
here are pics of the system im talking about

Excessive Hydrocarbons (HC)

These emissions result from unburned fuel. Check for problems with the following:

Internal engine trouble
Faulty air pump
Ignition system
Exhaust gas recirculation system (EGR)
Catalytic converter
Gas cap

So for our car that would mean EGR isn't working, or perhaps a failing fuel pressure regulator dumping excess fuel into the intake. Hows your MPG been lately?

what about O2 Sensors, could they be reading the engine as running lean and allowing too much fuel to the engine.

yes those are all good sujestions i think htat i will go ahead and get new converters and see if that fixes that and then the o2 sensors. the reason that i think that i will start with the converters is becuase i know that i have a slight exhause leak and then when they attach there sensors the exhaust the system has more pressure. thanks for the help guys keep the suggestions comming.
mitch

just cheat like we all did in high school! hehe put a new set of plugs in and put a bottle of emissions cheater in the tank and run her at 2000 for along time just be4 you go into the hell cell!

not the right way but it might help you get the sticker
chris

My 93 would not pass but I knew the cats were bad. After puting
scp 2 1/4 down tubes and high flow cats she passed with room to spare and now it sounds alot better.

Back