i need help asap

turbospeed

well i took my sc to the shop becuase i felt a loss of power they replaced all vaccum hoses and connected em according to the manual but the car wont boost , but if you discconect the vaccum hose from the bypass it will boost again , besides about the power loss the mechanic says it could be the crank shaft pulley...thanks..

Why the crank pulley?

It sounds like the bypass is hooked up to the SC inlet plenum. It should hook up the the adapter right behind the SC. The one that makes the transition from the lower IC tube to the lower intake manifold.

Jeff

the crank pulley wouldnt cause it to loose boost but that could be a problem. on the older SCs they have a problem with the crank bolt either backing out or breaking off and the crank then wobles or falls off.

I agree about the vacum line it sounds like your wonderfull mechanic doesnt know his SC from a camaro! which in my book is sad! id recheck the vac lines especially where that bypass goes. also check for major vacum leaks at the normal locations

chris

he siad about the crank shaft pulley problme when it starts to go he said it starts to kinda slips, and will move when the engine is off ;and i already had the probllem of the vacuum hose ,and disconecting it and putting a screw in it kinda fixed it and they looked for vaccum leaks and found none.......

If the pulley wobbles replace the dampner. If it makes boost when you removed the hose then the problem is not the pulley, it's the vacuum routing. No boost= no power

Jeff

take a look for yourself, make the mechanic show you. whenever i have something at work that the customer doesnt understand i will bring them into the shop and show them exactly what im talking about. Maybe you are misunderstanding him. i know on my car i used a smaller supercharger belt becaus i had some slipping which was causing an almost turbolag effect.
The screw in the bypass hose is not a good thing although it was a trend that came and went quickly. someone finally tested it on the dyno and realized that it actually lost about 5 hp with it plugged. i would spray it out with some carb cleaner and make sure the vac line is connected properly. im not sure whatelse to tell ya without looking at the car myself

sorry
chris

Pearl White, the 5hp loss you are refering to was the "crosstalk" line. It's a 5/16 line that runs from the inlet plenum to the lower IC to lower manifold adapter I refered to earlier. The reason for that persons loss was that he was running all stock parts. small MAF, stock TB and such. On some of the higher hp cars with inlet mods they actually gain HP. The purpose of this tube is to recirculate some of the air back into the SC, so that is doesn't cavaitate, meaning starve for air. If this happens the rotors will beat the crap out of the bearings in the SC. So if you are running stock inlet parts leave it alone, but if you have many inlet mods you should probably give it a try.

The hose he is refering to that he plugged is the one from the bypass itself. (at least the way he's describing it sounds like that's the one)

Jeff

i see, over the summer everyone was calling it the bypass line and yes the line you speak of is the line i was speaking of. There were quite a few posts with pics and i tried it at the track myself. i thought i had a little less lag but it was probly in my head and i couldnt tell if i had an increase in times caus i have a 5 spd so its hard to stay consistent. I decided to put it back to stock and then people started syaing it actually hurts the performance.

thanks for clearing that up though.

Chris

Back