Dead car

MacMaster

Dead?
Well guys and ladies out there I really need your help on this one.

I own a 1991 3.8L V6 supercharger completely stock and last night I went out to pick up my girlfriend and the engine just died here´s what happened;

I was driving all was going well but suddenly the check engine turned up, the tach´ got stuck and suddenly it went up again I got to a red light and the lights on the car got a little dimmer I throttled a bit stayed the same. got some mile, mile and a half and the engine stalled ALL warning lights went on except for the chak gauge I managed to steer the car a block and a half and tried to stat her up, and nothing.

There´s electrical power I turn the switch and only the starter engine goes but no ignition, she´s dead in the water so to speak.

Now I just got the car tuned up and installed new plugs so any input would help on this one.

thanks.

Check the crank pulley and see if there is any wobble or if the bolt head in the center is missing. I'm thinking it is the crank sensor or something else ignition system related. A loose or wobbling dampner will knock them out, and sometimes the sensor just fails suddenly like you described.

If you don't see anything wrong with the crank pulley, you need to check what code it threw when the check engine light came on. That might give the answer your looking for.

David

thanks!

Well it turned out to be the DIS i replaced it and it started like nothing ever happened!!

How ever the crank pulley iks wobbling a bit I'm thinking perhaps the harmonics balancer?

Back