Jumpy Tach

93SC

I replaced the cam sensor with no change in symptoms.

My tach jumps around alot. If your driving down the road around probably 2K and floor it, the tach pegs out. If it's idleing and I floor it, first it buries itself around 0 then when the engine is slowing down it jumps way up to like 6k then it kind of dances around. Otherwise its just all over the bloody place.

Any help would be welcome,

Thanks.

hhhmmmm.. heres a thought, unfasten the harness that sits next to the S/C (passenger side) and look at it. make sure all the pins are in position and clean.. then reconnet it again and use some preassure just to be on the safe side.. Hopefully this does the trick, my friends car was doing the same thing, jumpy tack, we unfastened and reconnected and that solved his problem.. Hopefully this helps.. just my 2 cents...

I checked the elec connetions that I could see. Still no change in symptoms and no codes. I am going to drive it anyway but if anyone has any ideas I would kind of like it if my tach worked.

Thanks,

Gosh.. All I can tell you is the tach signal comes from the DIS. If you have a spare, you could try swapping it out. Or borrow a local SC buddy's DIS just briefly to see if it clears it up.

Can I use the one from my 93? It aint moving for awile so I could use that one.

I'm 90% sure they're the same. Based on what I've seen in the chilton's manual. If they look the same and the wires running to them are the same, it should be fine.

Back