KeylessEntry/factoryalarm - ? I can't answer....

tbirdsc35th

I have been asked this and I just don't know. If a 90 SC has keyless entry but not factory alarm, is the wiring there where you can just plug in an alarm computer module in that tray where the keyless entry is and have factory alarm functions? I'd appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Lance,
This is a million dollar question. I can't get anyone to even tell me where the stink'in alarm is on our cars.
I want to do the same thing to my 92.

Keep me up to date on what you find. This is the only option that my car is missing and it bothers me ALOT.

Tim

Well, Tim, this weekend, tomorrow probably, I am going to look in that tray on mine and see if there are connectors there. I just can't remember from the last time I was there. :) Hey if this is possible, <i>I want one</i> . :)

Yes the wiring harness for the alarm is there, in the trunk, drivers side, inside plastic box. I tried to insert the module into my 90 but the module was from a later model and wouldn't plug in b/c the plastic module housing design was changed. It was the same serial number stamped on it, size, and basic shape were the same but the alignment pin was different. So, you have the get an alarm from the same year to begin with if you want to try. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi, guy. That's excellent. As complex as the wiring is on these cars, I figured Ford would have just had a plug in module if the option were chosen. Hmm, oh Ryan?? :)

nope

have the alarm out of my 89 xr7 ... but the wiring is not there in my 90 SC for the alarm and it looks like real fun to strip the harness out of the 89 to put it in... looking like cut the plug and run new wires ...would be the simple way to tie it into the system..

ps: thanks to who did the 35th radio wiring html ... finally fixed my factory radio and add cd player .. cd worked great .. but only had left side sound on radio & tape and no power attenna and your wiring diagram showed me why :D

back to wiring : I have a few option parts .. left over from my cougar ...that I'm planning on adding to another Xr7 .. the head lite diming switch,cornering lamps .. power attenna &switch , poping gas cap door ... I don't see too many spare plugs or wires for these option ..but do have most of the wiring harness
from spare car to work with ... so it would seem to me the did the wiring harness according to the build sheet options you ordered

How do you make the Alarm work?

Alright guys I just got my SC about 4 months ago and with all the other problems I've kind of over looked this till later. Anyways my car has keyless entry and the alarm symbol on my dash flashes but I have no clue as to set it. Do I do that with my Keyless entry or what? All I was given were keys if there is some kind of remote alarm thing I need.

-Tim

The alarm light flashes when the system is disarmed and the doors are open. If you were to lock your door from the inside you would see the light stay on solid for about 10 seconds and then turn off. Better be ready though, cause if the door is still open the alarm will go off. I found that out from experience when I couldn't get the driver's side shut once. Suddenly the headlights started flashing and the loud horn started blaring. Not something you want your neighbors to hear at midnight.

Anyway, try sitting in your car with your door open once and lock it. If the light goes on solid your alarm is probably fine (you can test that by leaving the door open :D )

Oh, and I don't think some of these cars came with remotes. I know mine didn't. The only way to disarm the alarm is just by unlocking the doors.

-Chris

Ok, Were exactly is the alarm module. Is it on the package tray with the amp and the abs computer or is it in the wheel well with the keyless entry module? I have looked all over for this thing with little to no avail. Also what color is that thing, I found a grey module in the wheel well, but I am not sure if this is it. A part number would be very helpfull if someone has it.

Here is the link to the picture of the grey module...
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16037&highlight=keyless+entry+module

Also if anyone has the wiring diagrams, more importantly the pinouts for the keyless entry module for a 92 SC please email them to me.... I amtry to convert mine to use the 93 style module type that uses remotes... I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the help.

Tim

Ah I feel another TIPS page forming. :)

Tim, if you give me a while today, I'll put together a wiring pinout for the keyless entry and probably the alarm too.

Another project, another day.

Great information, guys, thanks.

Lance,
Thanks for the great info. I have looked over all of the info and everything appears to be pretty straight forward, on swapping out the module for a latter model one. I will try to take pictures and post all the info possible.

It would be very nice to have factory remotes for our cars. What was Ford thinking..... Auto ride control..... and no key fobs? Oh well, I'll keep you guys up-to-date as soon as I get it all together.

I am going to try to make this a plug in deal with no wires to cut at all.

If anyone has the alarm wiring laying around that would be alot of help. Thanks
Tim

Does anyone know if the alarm on a 95 is integrated in the keyless entry module?

Last edited:
Back